Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagle Claw Combo?
Well I had just purchased a Rod/Reel Eagle claw combo and It was great I caught a 8lb bass with use with the nice drag and the smoothness of reeling it in was excellent and the Rod was great fron ONLY 10 bucks we with the rebate untill today.

Well I went for some fishing today and the Rod had actually snapped in two the reel is fine but the rod just broke I dont know why it snapped b/c it was doing so good I had used my own money for the rod and I kept it inside and it hardly left my sight and I had some great fishing with it Sad.

So I was wondering if anyone else knows if eagle claw is good with rods or even reels for that matter just let me know I would apperciate it alot

THANKS!

~cast~ -hopefully with no break Wink
[signature]
[center][Tongue][font "Poor Richard"][#005000][size 4]Don't want to appear that I am rubbing it in - but duh what did expect for $10.00? If it is too good to be true then it probably isn't.[/size][/#005000][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8332;][/center]
[signature]
O I am sorry I didnt tell you what I got it for I GOT IT FOR 30 Bucks But with the REBATE it was 10 becuase I got 20 bucks back
sry but yes it suxs b/c I cant fish now Sad I have to wait awhile

~cast~
[signature]
Replace it with an Ugly Stick Lite. Those are some nice, nearly indestructible rods.
[signature]
Ugly Stix are no dought a quality rod that is infact nearly indestructable. I do mostly saltwater fishing, but when i'm doing light tackle in fresh water, I use Quatum XTRA lights. They're not too expensive(about 45 bucks for rod and reel) and they'll whoop ass on any fresh water species up to about 12 pounds; if you're an experianced fisherman. I spool mine with 4 to 6 pound stren. I wouldn't recomend using a no-stretch line(braided, fireline, etc..) because you need that "stretch" when you're using light tackle, it acts like a shock absorber. I figure the reason your cheaper rod broke is the line was probably stronger than the rod. Believe it or not, that's not uncommon in cheaper light tackle outfits. Make shure you match your equipment if you don't buy a preconfigured outfit. Reel size, rod size, and pound test. The rod and reels have specifications on them for what pound line for a reason, to keep your equipment from tearing up. If you use a rod rated for 2-8 pound test, make shure that's what your reel is rated for. AND, make shure you don't use line that is rated above what the rod and reel is designed for. If you use that rule of thumb, even the cheaper quality outfits should last a bit longer. The quantums I spoke of have ball bearings, and are very smooth. The rods are equilivent to ugly stix's strength, and the stren line makes a smart match at 4 pound test. Just remember one thing, fishing equipment isn't like buying a T shirt or a set of tires for your truck. You get what you pay for, thus, the namebrand "expensive" stuff is expensive for a reason. You're not just buying a "name," you're buying quality. Save up and buy a high quality outfit, and it will last you a life time if you take care of it. Otherwise, you'll nickel and dime yourself to death. Ugly Stix rods are probably the best. That'll run you about 15 or 20 bucks for an ultra light. Shakespear really doesn't make a good reel though. Quantum, Penn, Abu Garcia, and a few other companies make high quality reels with ball bearings that will last for ever. Step up and spend the cash, you won't regret it.
[signature]