Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANGLERS SPRING BREAK! Lake Powell (BULLFROG) April 4-9
I am planning an Anglers Spring Break to go spend some time having a hell of a time on one of the countries best angler stomping grounds.

Date: April 4 thru the 9th.
Details: Plans are to leave in the early early AM on the 4th and arrive in the afternoon. Setup campground and gear up and spend the evening ripping some lips.

Returning details: Leave in the AM on the 9th.

So far there are 10 confirmed to come along. Several boats are coming along and even some of us pontooners will have shuttle by boat access to float some coves that are hard to get to without a good sized boat with some power.

If you would like to join us stay tuned and camp ground and hotel information will be posted very very soon.
[signature]
Count me in, great fishing that time of year.
[signature]
Hey Craig
You can count me in if we have a snow storm here in the valley and I can’t work. I sure would like to go to this maybe there can be another on in mid summer.
[signature]
Agreed! I was there the exact same time last year and it was non-stop action in the mornings pulling poppers, and great smally action mid-day.

Find the shad boils in the mornings and you are golden!

FishingWaters: Hope for snow then. Wink You wouldn't regret it.
[signature]
Summer can get real hot sept. is great an the boiles are the bigest.
[signature]
Oh Oh, guess I better get on planning another trip out in September.

Top water Striper action.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I may be interested in this one. I'm ready for some striper action and the Boomerang has enough time off. The heck with those smallies, I want some meat! Keep the info coming.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I am in for sept.
[signature]
I AM COMING ! I have a mini van (astro)that will be pulling my boat. What I need to know is who wants to come along and help with the gas down there. So far I know craig your riding with me.Who else needs a ride. I was planning on takeing one of the seats out but if we have to my van will seat a total of 6 (IF I LEAVE ALL 3 SEATS IN )with out haveing to be in love with the person next to you [Wink]. Just a idea for those on a limited budget but has time to go for the whole trip. Now my boat will handle only a couple of toons mybe 3. Craig and I each have a toon so that my leave one more toon or tube on it to be transported to better fishing grounds.
This will be my first trip down there.
[signature]
[reply]
I AM COMING ! I have a mini van (astro)that will be pulling my boat. What I need to know is who wants to come along and help with the gas down there. So far I know craig your riding with me.Who else needs a ride. I was planning on takeing one of the seats out but if we have to my van will seat a total of 6 (IF I LEAVE ALL 3 SEATS IN )with out haveing to be in love with the person next to you [Wink]. Just a idea for those on a limited budget but has time to go for the whole trip. Now my boat will handle only a couple of toons mybe 3. Craig and I each have a toon so that may leave one more toon or tube on it to be transported to better fishing grounds.
This will be my first trip down there. [/reply]
[signature]
I am going I willtake my boat if anybody wants a ride i have room in my truck.orfor pontoon boats tubs.
[signature]
September is doable I may not even have work that month.
[signature]
How many people are going I think so far 5 is that right.
[signature]
Sounds about right from here.

TUBEDUDE: Pat you coming? Smile
[signature]
I can fish 3 out of my boat if anybody would like to go we can ride down together an spilt the cost makes for a good trip.
[signature]
Sweet, I will spread the word the next month so others to make things easy.

Campsites with hookups and power for the entire week (April 4-9) is $180.00 and can sleep 3 tents and an RV.

Thats a good amount of people per site and shared is a really low cost.

I will be bringing $ to pitch in for gas for both you and Mikes boat. I am sure we will hope on one or the other depending on the day, and I am sure Mike's boat will be loaded with our toons to get to some fun coves to float while toon bound.
[signature]
I have heard some concern about close fishing access not being available at Wahweep for those who want to fish in tubes/toons. And have even had a suggestion of moving this to Bullfrog.

I fished Bullfrog last year same time and the fishing was EXCELLENT.

Anyone care to share an opinion? If the fishing is indeed better at Bullfrog than Wahweep I may go out on a limb and move this float to Bullfrog.

Thoughts?
[signature]
My say is bullfrog you can go up lake an down, with low water wallweep you go up lake only an you have to go around by the dam to get to the bays an canyons about 12 to 15 miles up, but I will go what every.[Wink][Wink][cool][Wink]
[signature]
The location has been moved!

BULLFROG IT IS!
[signature]
Additional information.

We are booked at the Bullfrog Campground and RV Park.

Sites with power run about $27 dollars a night. So the price for the entire trip from April 4-9 is: $148.15

Book your sites now so you don't lose out on finding a decent campground.
[signature]