Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ducks, october 15
Skeeter, Rainbow glitter, and I all hit the duck swamp today. Skeeter passed out from loss of blood due to an entire swarm of mosquitoes that nearly carried him off into the weeds. But somehow he still managed to kill ducks in the process. And just let me say, that guy uses a .300 win mag to kill his birds. One mallard had a hole the size of texas in it, the poor teal he shot were gutted before they hit the ground. We spent more shells than we had ducks at the end of the day. By some definitions, that is the best duck hunting you can do. It was a fun trip, we only spent a couple hours out there and the duck numbers were o.k., the company was great, and next time i will make sure skeeter comes with a open choke and a can of mosquito spray. Some how all three of us managed to miss a set of mallards that flew right over, wings locked up and gliding down. That was pretty funny. Looks like tis time for a BFT duck hunt.
ahhhhhhhh,This is where your hiding out,pretty nice blind you got here,From how you posted in the past,Looks like your the same kinda hunter I am,If you dont mind I would be very greatful to go out with you guys sometime,sounds like you have a blast,and sounds like you know what your doing,send me a PM if you dont mind if I tag along sometime,with that many decoys your hunting from a boat right,I have one also and can bring another 6 doz duck decoys and ten floating goose,hope to here from ya.

Later,Tony
[signature]
Don't worry, cold weather won't be far away. I plan on doing some duck hunting in Montana next month. No one around bothers them..hehe
[signature]