Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another poor fishing report
Well I went to Upper Red Lake in MN last Sat. Started fishing around 9AM, by 9:45 I caught my first Crappie which measured in at 13 inches. We move around the lake a lot, I think I drilled 60 holes for the day. at 7:20Pm caught another Crappie that measured 15 1/8 inches. I did miss 2 others that I know were crappies.

We did also catch 7 of those rough fish (so they refered to up there). AKA Walleyes, smallest being 17 inches the largest was 23.

One of these days I'll get into a good bite.
Unfortunalty I dropped my Digital a few weeks ago and broke the lense so no pics.

You can check out this site to see the size of these slabs. You rarely catch crappies less that 12".
[url "http://www.rogerscg.net/Fishing_Report.html"]http://www.rogerscg.net/Fishing_Report.html[/url]

If you click on the thumbnails you'll get a series of full size pics.
[signature]
[Tongue] Boy , if I had a nickel everytime I heard that one !!! LOL !!
I've also learned the hard way ( lost a expensive pair of binocs off the bow of the boat ) We'll learn !!!!!! someday !!!!!!

[signature]
ya man, had a rough one my self today,

I pulled in a 9 inch perch 8 inch rock bass 4 eight inch bluegills.

and thought I caught bottom, and thought for sure I was going to loose my second jig of the season.

I grabbed my line and placed steady preasure, I have pulld up 5 pounds of weeds on one pound test if you just keep steady tention. so thats what I did for about 5 minutes till all of a sudden it broke loose and my heart sank cause it was the second jig identical to the first lost in the same hole in two days. I reeled in and found my bait mangled still had my hook still shap as new.

so my guess it something big grabbed hold of my line and chewed my bait and yawned and let go of my wax wrom.
[signature]
Man, that is rough. Not catching that sturgeon that grabbed onto your hook and gnawed on it for a bit before letting go.
[signature]
no stergeon in my lake, I think it is a big pike that opened his lips and clamped down on my bug and squished it and spit it back out after he sucked all the juice out of it...

if it is that big pike, nothing I am throwing down at it other than a tipup will hold him.... this pike will go 30 pounds if he goes an ounce.
[signature]
30# Eelpout? That would wrap around your leg like a python.[shocked]
[signature]
30#ell pout now that i got to see!!!!
i'v had them up to 10# but never over that..
[signature]