Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are O-Rings
Ive heard of em but dont know what they do?? I know you use them to help save your plastic worms n stuff....
[signature]
You use them to keep your worn on the hook while drop shotting. This way you won't damage the worm so much by putting the hook threw the worm. Works great for Y-worms that are soft.
[signature]
We also use the Orings for hooking whacky style. You can get Orings at you local hardware store, Home Depot or Lowes. Just look in the plumbing section.[cool]
[signature]
How do you rig it that way?
Do you simply put the bait through th O-ring and the hook between the O-ring and the bait? Or something different??
[signature]
Thats all there is to it. 0 ring to worm hook to oring. It seems to work better wacky style[ oring to center of bait ] than dropshotting [ oring to end of bait ] or it was just my bad luck. [:|]
[signature]
Thanks!
[signature]
Last night I read a big article on this in the Feb issue of I-Fisherman magazine.
But I saw it on BFT first!
[signature]
i found a pic on using o-rings hpe this helps
[signature]
Does it affect the "wacky" action of a wacky-rigged Senko and/or Senko-type lure if an O ring is used? Has anyone experienced adverse results using O rings?

The preceding question is probably a dumb one, but I seem to like my Gamagatsu hook straight up and down and running perpendicular to my Senko, although I don't like how wacky rigging tears up the Senkos so quickly.

Whether the hook is running parallel or perpendicular to the bait, it probably doesn't matter? Right?
[signature]