Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oct 14 charter trip
Chartered a trip with a bunch of guys from work on the MI-JO out of the Atlantic Highlands we wanted to go for striped bass the Capt wanted us to go for Black seabass well let me just say that this will be our last trip on this boat both times we went out with them they were stingy with the bait which is why they wouldn't go for stripers{live eels cost more then clams and butter fish} he told us they weren't biting we found out that other boats out that night limited out on stripers we got about 10 keeper seabass between 20 guys then when it got really dead the Capt said we were going to try for bluefish for a while well this guy couldn't find any of them either and again very cheap with the bait only 5 blues caught between 20 guys when we talked to guys that fished on other boats we were told there were fish all over the place where they fished our Capt wouldn't take us where the other boats were going when asked why he said they don't know what they are doing all I know is they caught fish we didn't which boat didn't know what they were doing the MI-JO we were in one spot for 2 hours with no fish and he wouldn't move the boat until we threatened to deduct $75.00 for each hour with no fish he moved fast then but went to another dead area I guess that is why they were the only boat with an opening on a holiday{Columbus day}
[signature]