Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone out there?
The hot spring fishing is just around the corner. Is anyone out there still checking in on this page?

I hear the white bass are providing some pretty fast action out at Pleasant. Hopefully they'll still be hitting in two weeks when I have some time to chase them.

-Jack
[signature]
yep, we are still lookin on, sounds like whites are going to be table fare before to long. good luck and be sure to let us know how you do,

the whites in my hood dont get varry big. a one pounder would be concidered a monster. the comercial fisherman net up all the big ones.... They are taisty tho' [Tongue]
[signature]
According to the ADFG the white bass fishing is decent but the Striper fishing is better. The LMB are getting ready for their pre-spawn. You may see a few scattered males close to the shores in 12 to 15' of water.[cool]
[signature]
wow, short notice, um... I am not a local, but if you define you peramiters it may help.

Are you looking for primerily shore, peir, or are looking to rent a row boat or jump on a charter. or are you open to any thing?
[signature]
Man...sorry I didn't see this sooner....I'm guessing that I'm too late to help you out.

The weather systems pushing through here have shut down most of the good action. Your best bet would be to take your nephew to one of the urban ponds. In fact the 24th is the day that they stock a bunch of hungry catfish for the first time of the year. Action can be very fast on those days. It is a unique time of year for the urban fisheries. You can still catch holdover hatchery trout, they have just stocked tons of 6-9" sunfish, and also the cats.

Just go to the nearest wal-mart and you can pick up an urban license for $16. If your nephew is old enough to be able to handle the rod all by himself, then you may not need to get a license at all (although it is still a good idea because it really depends on the officer writing tickets where the line is drawn between where an adult is just helping a child and where the adult is actually fishing). You'll also be able to get a pamphlet that tells you where to find all of the urban fisheries.

-Jack
[signature]