Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOOD OLD WD40 AND FISHING
Just a little tip for fishing.If you have trouble casting or you want to cast that little more and smoother try spraying wd40 on your spooled line works great.For those guys that fish with an open bail as I do the same thing applys. Works great you would have to try it and see the differance. Also is a good fish attractant ive used it alot and when the fishing gets tough it really does work.Makes sence as they make it out of whale fat.ONE SHOULD GO TO THE SITE ( www.wd40.com ) and see just see all the uses.
[signature]
Hay Chet,
Thanks again, I had forgotten about the geat uses in fishing that WD40 has. Ya see I had a stroke so the info is there but sometimes it takes a simple comment like yours to create the link for my brain to reliece the info to me. It works great in the saltwater fishing areas also. With the humidity and salt air if you spray a light coat on your gear it will reduce the chances of corrosion of your gear.[Smile]
[signature]
[size 1]poppopfishes2002 [/size]

[size 1]what you say about WD 40 being a good lubricant is true with out a doubt.[/size]

[size 1]how ever even though it is made of whale fat it still contains toxics that are dangours to the environment Just reed the can. if it did not you could use it just like pam on your pots and pans.[/size]

[size 1]there is some natural line lubricants available here at the bigfishtackle super store or on the shelves of your major tackle stores. [/size]

[size 1]but if you are in a pinch wesson cooking oil works as well as any thing else. (only a couple drops on the line on your spool will work nicely.[/size]

[size 1]this how ever is only ment to add a few weeks of life to your line, there is nothing like fresh line on the spool.[/size]

[size 1]one draw back to putting oils on your line is that it makes the line dust magnant.[/size]
[signature]