Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Anual Ultimate Bigfishtackle.com 16 Species Fishing Contest 2005
auggh !
here's a couple freshwater species , but the 8"painted turtle was released unharmed and the smb already hit the frypan before i realised my pic with the fish and turtle didn't come out , however , fishingirl2's pic did come out .
caugh at chapel dam (wiggins lake dam ) around 5p.m. 6-13-05 , gladwin , mi. on leaches .
other fish cought today were a couple northern pike , rock bass , black crappie and some gills and sunfish , those pics didn't come out either .
my only witnesses were this softshelled turtle and this snapping turtle .
look out guys , i plan on racking up some points this comming weekend , lol !
[signature]
lonehunter, awesome pics! especially the ones with fishingirl2. bet she had fun that day!
[signature]
here's a 15.5 " walleye cought at the beaverton dam ,beaverton ,mi.on 6-14-05 ,on a leach.
my photographer is doing her best [Smile].
she had her hands full that day , literly . i hooked into a tiger musky a little over 40" , she held onto the camera , car keys, and my wallet as i headed into the river fighting the big beast for about an hour and a half , 8lb. test line and no leader [crazy], that was a battle that the fish won .
she landed a dandy little smallie her first cast .
[signature]
Here are some of my big Pike that I caught on our recent trip up to Canada. The Biggest fish caught the Pic in the Red sewatshirt was 42 inches long and 24 lbs. The one wit hthe sun glasses was 38 inches long. Lots of fun
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool][cool]What a great week at Black Lake NY caught 5 Northern Pike, 5 Walleye 4 largemouth bass and plenty of crappie perch and blue gills. water temp was very high in the upper 70's and some days low 80's fish I think were a little stressed. We didn't catch the amount of crappies we wanted but did manage some everyday. We were fishing near the village of Edwardsville.
Fresh water

Crappie 10.5" caught on 6/12/05
Northern Pike 25.5" caught on 6/12/05
walleye 25.5" caught on 6/10/05
Perch 12" caught on 6/14/05
Blue Cat Fish 28" caught on 6/17/05
Blue gill 9.5" caught on 6/17/05
Largemouth Bass 14.5" caught on 6/16/05
All fish except the largemouth were caught on ultralight tackle and 4lb. test line. So you can imagine the amount of play required to bring in a northern and large walleye.Lots of fun!!!!!!
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=10814;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=10815;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=10816;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=10817;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=10818;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=10819;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=10820;]
[signature]
Saltwater
Cabezon
12 inches
6/10/05
Ventura CA
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/Wall_of_Fame/wall.cgi?do=detail&ID=1575"]Wall of fame[/url]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=10947;]
[signature]
Saltwater
Flag Rockfish
14 inches
6/12/05
Channel Islands CA
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/Wall_of_Fame/wall.cgi?do=detail&ID=1576"]Wall of Fame[/url]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=10948;]
[signature]
Saltwater
Pacific Barracuda
34 inches
6/20/05
Long Beach CA
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/Wall_of_Fame/wall.cgi?do=detail&ID=1577"]Wall of fame[/url]

[inline 7pacificbarracuda34.JPG]
[signature]
Saltwater
Spiny Dogfish (upgrade)
42inches
6/3/05
Ventura CA
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/Wall_of_Fame/wall.cgi?do=detail&ID=1578"]Wall of fame[/url]

[inline 7spinydogfish42.JPG]
[signature]
Saltwater
Swell Shark
32 inches
7/1/05
Goleta Ca
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/Wall_of_Fame/wall.cgi?do=detail&ID=1587"]Wall of Fame[/url]
[inline 8swellshark32.JPG]
[signature]
[Sad][Sad]Steve you keep raising the bar on me I hope I can get into some big fish on my next trip to the Ocean on the 17th. May be a nice big whale Cod. Chief
[signature]
Hey chief, I'm just lucky to catch a fish. I guess it's the red hat. hee hee.

I'm still waiting for my big one to come in. While you're watching me, I think Hutch00 may be pulling a fast one on both of us.

Good luck and have fun for goodness sake.[cool]
[signature]
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=DrownedDesertRat;"][font "Arial"][black]DrownedDesertRat [/black][/font][/url][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8570;][/center] [center]Wins[/center] [center]Red Bigfishtackle[/center] [center][/center] [center]with his entry of a large mouth bass[/center] [center]for the month of June[/center] [center][/center] [center]get your entries in for the month of June if you want to get in the running, size doesn't matter[/center]
[signature]
Yay! Now I just need to catch some fish sometime this month.
[signature]
No fast one here just haven't been able to get out till last thursday got a limit of fluke but nothing bigger than what I already entered the storms have the fish all messed up here the stripers have already headed north due to the rapid water warm up the blues are all small and weakfish haven't showed up yet but my fishing time will increase now that the MIL ius home and getting better in 2 weeks I'm going up to Conn. to fish with GDN443 and TomC so lets see what that brings and we still have the Fall striper run to look foward to to quote the rolling stones "time tiiiime is on my side yes it is" LOL
[signature]
Congrats on the RED HAT
[signature]
I'm headed to the ocean on the 17th fishing for stripers in the Merrimack River and also will take a day party boat out for some bottom fishing. I have my new penn 345GTI to try out. Hopefully the storms stay away. Chief
[signature]
I hope you guys play it safe over there. I guess that those little waterized wind storms can reek havoc for you.[pirate]
[signature]
tubeN2, those are some beautiful saltwater fish you caught. I wish I could join ya in catching such little creatures.

Okay, I think I need to get out more often. I haven't had luck catching anything lately! I had a smallmouth bass on but just as I got it to the net it threw the hook and swam off. Grrrr.
[signature]
Largemouth Bass
19 inches
Commerce Twp Michigan
cought 7-30-05
on a google eye by extreem lures
[signature]