Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Anual Ultimate Bigfishtackle.com 16 Species Fishing Contest 2005
The Chief is ready for another run. Watch out tube I'm headed to Porta Valarta this June I hope to give you a good run at the biggest fish. If anyone is down there then I'll be the one in the BIGFISH TACKLE T SHIRT. I've been working out for the last three months and will continue so I can land that big one. Chief
[signature]
Go get em Chief. I'll give you a shoutout as I'm flying by. I have a few baja trips planned for this year as well. Good luck while you're down there and I hope you have a good time.

Just don't drink the water. The beer is the same color as the water but has a better taste to it.[Wink]
[signature]
Looks like im too late. I had about 6 fish that I was going to enter in this contest. I put the pictures on my computer and then somehow they all got deleted[Sad] And I had already cleared my camera so I couldnt reload them again.

[black][size 4]06 HERE I COME[/size][/black]
[signature]
I know what you mean, its always best to get them uploaded, or burned on a disk.

ya never know when you will need a copy of one of your catches some tiem in the future...
[signature]
Although I didn't get to Bigfish 2's location , I did find a fish that would have been a dandy to have a pic taken with him .[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=14109;] This is a 30" ,15# winter buck steelhead , with a Wisconson gillplate clip .
I got this steelie at Tippy Dam , cought on a steelhead spawnbag , 6# test line , #20 single egg circlehook around 3P.M. on January 21 , 2006 . [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=14110;]
Look at that red color , isn't it something !
[signature]
[cool][cool]Nice fish Allen, How's the ice fishing been for you? Chief
[signature]
Ni-i-i-i-ce fish, lonehunter! It's almost as pretty as a snook!

Is it good eatin'?
[signature]
Yes....Really nice fish
[signature]
Ice fishing is better on the west side of the state than in the central area where I live . The temps are up and down so much that we have thin ice or really thin ice . I've gone thru a few times in my life and I can't bring myself to pushing my luck anymore .
I have been waiting for fishable ice on a river lake by me , theres muskey in those watters and it's pretty common to pull a half dosen 40 to 50 pounders out of it every winter .
Lake Cadillac on the west side is where I've been getting some perch , not big ones but tastey none the less .
We have a icefishing walleye contest in Saganaw " Shiver on the River " is what the media calles it . $15,000 first prise for the biggest walleye .
This year the contest is being done by guys in boats or standing from shore , not a speck of ice on the river .
How goes the ice in your area ?
[signature]
When they come in from the lakes there just as shiney as a snook , When you see them flash in a deep hole you know your going to be there for a while , that's why I don't wear a watch anymore , If I knew how much time I was spending trying to catch a fish I might decide to go hunting instead , LOL !
[signature]
P.S.

Yea , good eating , pink meat just like a salmon !
[signature]
Why thank you [Smile]!
They give a battle but, not like those big northern pike you get up there [cool].
[signature]
[#bf0000][size 3]Great fish Lonehunter, glad to see someone from the north are getting fish. I'd say you need a red hat for that one.LOL[/size][/#bf0000]
[signature]
Yes Northern Pike definetly give you a workout [Wink]
[signature]
[size 1] [/size] [center]Final Ranking[/center] [center][#0000bf]Salt Water[/#0000bf][/center] [center][/center] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=tubeN2;"][font "Arial"][black]tubeN2[/black][/font][/url][font "Arial"][black] [/black][/font][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8572;][/center] [center]Total = 474[/center] [center][/center] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=snook.hooker;"][size 2][#333366]snook.hooker[size 1] [/size][/#333366][/size][/url][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=12508;][/center] [center]Total = 182[/center] [center][/center] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=Hutch00;"][font "Arial"][black]Hutch00[/black][/font][/url][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8574;][/center] [center]Total = 49[/center] [center][/center] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=tomc;"][size 2][#000000]tomc[size 1] [/size][/#000000][/size][/url][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=11645;][/center] [center]Total = 57.5[/center] [center]
[/center] [center]Final Ranking[/center] [center][#0000bf]Fresh Water[/#0000bf][/center] [left][/left] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=chiefpanfish;"][font "Arial"][black]chiefpanfish [/black][/font][/url][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8599;][/center] [center]Total = 218.5[/center] [center][/center] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=davetclown;"][font "Arial"][black]Lonehunter[/black][/font][/url][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8600;][/center] [center]Total = 52.5 [/center] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=Bassmaster-ND;"][font "Arial"][black]Bassmaster-ND [/black][/font][/url][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8598;][/center] [center]Total = 22[/center] [center][/center] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=DrownedDesertRat;"][font "Arial"][black]DrownedDesertRat [/black][/font][/url][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8570;][/center] [center]Total = 18[/center] [center][/center] [center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=davetclown;"][font "Arial"][black]davetclown[/black][/font][/url][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8601;][/center] [center]Total = 67.5[/center]
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool][cool]Congrats to everyone!!!! I know I enjoyed the catching and the feasting. I could of had more pics but the guy I was fishing with was a terriable photographer. LETS GET MORE PEOPLE INVOLVED FOR 06. CHIEF
[signature]
I'de like to say congradulations everyone ! Another funfilled B.F.T. compitition has sucessfully been acomplished [Smile].

Big Dave , a thunderous applause to you for all your work and scorekeeping [cool] ! Yeeee Haaaaaaa !

To all of my B.F.T fishing buddys that participated , what a great bunch of fish !
Whoops , I meen the fish pics you posted , I wouldn't call my buddys a bunch of fish , but then again would we not mind being called a fish , well any kinda fish but a sucker , huh ?

Too bad there wern't more jumping in on this free contest but that's there loss [Tongue]! I guess they will never know what kind of fun there missing and we really can't explain it to them . I meen , if someone never tasted chocalate and you tried to tell them about it , ya' think they would try it ? probably not , it's brown and creamy , dosen't look to apitising but , one try and there begging for more .

Now for some fishermans bull talk ;

I have my excuses for not posting more fish ; some of the fish that I cought were so big they added 30 or 40 LBS. to my camera after every shot . Wading the streams and rivers with that kinda weight on you is unsafe , especially if your a skinny guy like me . I did catch a magic singing fish but he was camera shy , boy could that fish sing ! If we had a talent contest for the fish i woulda submited one of his songs I recorded , that would have been a first place winner guarinteed [Wink]! I thought I had a talking fish last July , but it turned out to be just another large mouth .

Next is the ol' work excuse , regular work , yard work , fiddiling with the house work , honey-do work , working on the boat and working on working and working on not working . All that kinda work and only me and my shadow to do it all [unsure], yea , it was tough , my shadow is skinnyer than me and he can't lift as much as I can[laugh] . Ya could say my shadow couldn't hold a candle to me (think about it , LOL !)

Next contest thou , I ain't gonna be holding back , in fact I'm gonna be holding two rods in each hand [angelic]! The boats are all ready , moter tuned up , I even sent the oars in to the guy that makes fender guitars and had him tune them in . I've been practicing my fish calls too , made my own fish caller too . it's two soup cans with a string tied between them , lower one can into the lake and do your fish calls into the other , here fishey fishey !

Guarinteed , you guys are gonna have to head off to the fish market to keep up with me next contest , just remember this thou , most of those fishmarket fish are probabley the little fellers I thru back in [crazy].
[signature]
Congrats to all whom participated. Thanks Davetclown for helping to keep up with all of us BFT anglers while trying to get your own in as well.

I hope this year will be a good year for all of us.[cool]
[signature]
congrads to everyone and dave ,your the man[inline "not worthy.gif"]
[signature]
I discovered my calculator quit working about two/thirds in to the event. buttons were intermeadiatly not working. sorry for any inconvinance. I know every bodies score was off a bit. Thats why I wasnt giving who was leading reports this year...

I offer my sincerest opologies,
[signature]