Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing at Bear Lake
[Smile]Has anyone been on Bear Lake? I plan to go Wednesday with a buddy and we were looking for some input.

BLM-

You been out on the Lake? Talk to me.

GoFish
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I Wish! I'm racing the weather to try and finish my little house project. If you read Pugstone's report on Utah Fish Finder, they claim the fishing for macks is outstanding. I've fished this time of year, during the spawn and I've found it to be less than productive unless you want to try and "catch" them while they're in the shallows. I'm planning to go around the second weekend in November. I like fishing after the spawn and the fish go back to their normal habits. Good Luck and let me know how you did. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3](edit) You do know you can't launch from the state park marina during the week, right? They are dredging and are only opening it on the weekends. Also the report says the eastside ramps are out of the water and the best spot to launch might be Cisco Beach off the rocks! [/size][/font]
[signature]
I thought you had left on the big cruise/fishing trip. Is it this weekend? If not are you up for a friday Bear lake trip or do you want to wait until after the spawn is over? WH2
[signature]
I went by the Utah State Park Marina on Saturday just to see what was going on. It was about 5pm, which is definitely not as good a time to fish for these spawning Macs as just before and just after dawn. I sat there for about an hour waiting to see if any of the shoulder-to-shoulder dike fisherman or the 8 boats and one float tuber lined up just off the dike would catch anything. I'm not kidding! It was a zoo! I didn't see a single hookup during the hour, though the dike fisherman were doing a pretty good job of catching each others lines. The boats could have shared anchors. For a variety of reasons, I agree with BLM and will wait until the Mac spawn is over.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'm leaving Sunday and will be gone until the next Sunday. After that, I'm fishin' my tail off. I'd be glad to make a trip up there (or several) after I get back which incidentally is when the spawn should be over. We are headed into the best time to fish Bear Lake! [/size][/font]
[signature]
I hope you have a great trip and if you can, keep us posted on how your fishing trip went. WH2
[signature]