Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Participating in gill net and other studies
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]It recently came up how to participate in gill net studies. The DWR does use volunteers in the Northern (Ogden), Central (Springville) and Northeastern (Vernal) regions. We have used volunteers at Strawberry, Starvation, Willard, etc. If someone wants to help they should contact the regional Aquatic's manger or special projects biologist like Wayne Gustaveson at Lake Powell and Roger Wilson at Strawberry. Craig Schauugard is the acting manager in the Northern Region, Don Wiley is the manager for the Central Region and Ed Johnson is the biologis doing most to the netting in the Northeastern Region. We also use volunteers on the Green River below Flaming Gorge (Steve Brayton in the project leader out there).[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Anglers who want to help can also email those personnel by typing the biologists full name (lower case no spaces) @utah.gov.[/size][/font]
Thanks for the info dennis, that is exactly what we need, is more anglers willing to help out and learn something while they are doing it. You bet I will be there. I would love to go out and help on willard and starvation one day. That would be a real education to work in a boat next to a fishery biologist on my favorite waters.