Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firendly fishing
This past weekend I took a friend of mine fishing. although he likes to fish, he has not been fishing in years and is not the most avid fisherman. I had to tie knots for him and even buy him a rod to fish with, which I got bought with some help from BigFishTackle.

We were to be wading early and the morning and he was griping about how early he had to get up and tha all he has ever caught was catfish and once he caught a trout. I assured him that we would not come home "empty-handed" and that he would have a blast.

5:30am roles around the next morning and I go to my car to see one half asleep bent man waiting to be dragged out to fish. We were in the water within 30 minutes and the "cool" refreshing water woke my companion right up. well after about an hour or so of not a bite my friend started to get a little bored with the notion of loosing some precious sleep and the fact that the water temp was a lot lower than his bed temp. All during this time he was casting into deep water and I was having difficulty convincing him that there were treasures near the shore.

Finally, about an hour and fifteen minutes of wading we reached a spot that I had a great deal of luck at before. I convinced him to cast a specific area of a nearby dock that was about 4 feet from shore. He did so but not without saying "there aint no fish in here". AS soon as his lure hit the water BAM and the water exploded. You would of think he just walked around the tree and saw bigfoot as he turned white and started realing faster than I thought was humanly possible. I finally talked him down and got him calm enough to enjoy the fight and not loose his fish. Thank God after about 5 minutes on a light 8lb tackle rod he landed his first ever [#ff0000]Red[/#ff0000] and it was 22". After he caught his Red he was all teeth. So I had to show him waht a nice guy I was and cast in the same exact spot to yet another explosion in the water. I think he was just as excited to see me land a fish as he was to get his own. This 9 minute struggle ended in a hefty 27" [#ff0000]Red[/#ff0000].

Needless to say, I am thinking of blocking his phone number now as he is calling every day to find out when we are going fishing again. And you thought that when you went fishing all that you were going to hook were the fish. Smile Well I have to go my phone is ringing and it is him. Spread the joy of fishing and take a friend. It will help us all out, young and old, in the long run. Oh, almost forgot, here are the pics from that day. Try and guess who is who, kang1g
[signature]
Hi Kang1g

good story, unfortunatly it is not in the place where it will be concidered for the fishing report contest.

if you are having problems posting your pic's now or in the future (or any one else for that matter send them to me and I will make it posible for you to post them in your reports.

this board is for help in understanding and operating your boards and makeing your visit easer and more enjoyable.

Please post stories and reports in their proper areas (ie. state / contry)
[signature]