Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado Trip
Well the time has come this year for me to take a trip down to Longmont, Colorado. I will be heading there tomorrow afternoon and will be there all spring break. I hope to get a lot of fishing in while i am there. Hopefully it will be nice enough to pull out the tube. I will be mostly fishing for bass. I can't really guess what stage they are in now. So if anyone could help me out with that by tomorrow afternoon, it would be very helpful.So if anyone else has any tips or info on fishing in the longmont area, please let me know [Smile]

Thanks
[signature]
Michael-

Things are just now starting to perk up here. Where will you be fishing bass??

This time of year I like to fish small bass ponds (when I can get access) along the north shorelines and coves that may warm up a little faster than the rest of the water, especially if there is some riprap. My favorite tactic this time of year is a dark jig-n-pig, followed by a suspending jerkbait. Water temp is still probably only in the mid to high 40's, I doubt it's up to 50 most places yet.

I think there is supposed to be some weather coming in Sunday complete with snow, wind, etc.

Good luck!! And let us know how you do.
[signature]
Well thank you very much for the reply [Smile]

I will be fishing around the longmont area. I don't really remember the name of the lakes i will be fishing, but they are all around longmont. The one i remember that i had really good luck with bass fishing was The Golden Ponds. There are 4 others that i fished but I don't recall there names. I will be sure to get back to everyone and tell you how I did.

Thanks again[cool]
[signature]
I would have to say right now that i feel like giving up on the bass fishing. I have been out the last 2 days looking for bass with my dad and we only managed to pick up one. That was at pella Crossings. Today i went to McCall Lake and fished for 4 hours without one bass. I started out with a 7 inch ribbon tail, then to a jig and a pig, to a crankbait to a spinnerbait, and finally topwater. I am heading over to The Golden Ponds tonight to try my luck again. Thinking of trying a Senko or something becauase i dont know what else to try. I see the cover everywhere, there's almost to much but still no fish.
Wish me luck. I need it[unsure]
[signature]
It's so early right now that the bass fishing is pretty tough, and it will get tougher with the cold and snow that are moving in as I type this. I do know there have been some decent smallmouth taken at Pella crossing lately. Did you try crawdad imitations - like a jig & pig?? That's my go-to bait this early in the year.

Good luck. Keep us posted.
[signature]
Well now that I am back, I'm not to dissapointed because i did get a lot of trout fishing in when the bass were not biting!

When i fished pella Crossings I did use a jig and a pig. A 3/8 Black and blue booyah jig. But no luck. I was really amazed at all of the cover on those ponds. All of the stumps and trees and some of them had to be in like 10 feet of water. But there didn't seem to be anyfish.

So Don, have you fished there before?

I actually have a challenge for anyone in the area of McCall Lake. I would have to say i fished that lake so hard, almost 3 days straight, for just one bass. I was out in my tube the first day for about more than 2 hours trying for one and the second day fishing all the wood cover and i used about everything i have to try and catch a bass, so i would say if you want a challenge...fish there for bass[Smile] Haha let me know what I was doing wrong!
[signature]