Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How was fishing today Old Coot and AFDAN?
Wiperslayer and I were out there today but only one wiper was caught. We fished the west side and the east side with the only wiper coming between the light pole and the S/W corner. We saw a lot of fish close to the bottom on the fish finder but they weren't biting. Water temp was 54 to 56 degree, we were on the water at 1:00pm and off around 6:00, the wiper was caught on a producer. I talked to four different groups of people at the ramp and only one guy had any fish. WH2
[signature]
Well I'll tell you that today was not one of the better days for me to be out fishing. No bites at all the entire time I was out there, the best time I had on the water today was when I hooked up with Old Coot over on the East side around 5:30 or 6:00pm tonight. We had some great conversation and he even gave me some ideas about some tackle. All in all I had a great time anyway just to get away for a while. I'm planning on getting ut to Willard some more this weekend and maybe out to Pineview for some Muskie Excitement I hope.

I fished over on the East side for awhile and then I started to head over to the SW corner, Trolling most of the way. But the magic wasn't happening tonight, Oh well try again tommorrow.

AFDan
[signature]
We were looking for you guys, what time did you get there? Did you make it to the south shore? We saw something there that I've never saw before, it is blue and round and has holes in the top, It looked like a small UFO but it might be some kind of huge play toy, has anyone else seen it? WH2
[signature]
I was out on the water about 5:00pm a lttle later than I wanted to be , I didn't know that 12th street was open again so I had to go around the constuction which made me late. I never did get out to the south side I spent most of the time over on the East looking for Old Coot.We finally did hook up and didn't do well at all. But Iwill try again later today, I have to help my Daugther move into their new house today. I will try to be out there around 4-4:30pm today. AFDan
[signature]
I think I saw a big blue ball at work thursday out by Magna . I didn't see the holes in it but I seen a white truck that appeared to be controlling it from ground It must of elevated to 500 feet and looked to be 6 to 8 foot in diameter .
[signature]
I'm glad someone else saw it, we were trolling along the south dike area when I saw it. With the binoculars I thought it was big so we came back for a closer look and thought it was some kind of kids toy.WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I was going to post sooner but I read that post from WH2 about it being a great day for fishing. I was so embarrassed about my poor success compared to his that all I wanted to do is go break my rods in half! Now that I see that it is an old post I don't feel so bad.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I didn't catch anything ... not even a bite. Water was like glass and the birds were trying awfully hard to find a boil for us. I seen a couple of rises just before sundown but I couldn't get anything to chase my top waters. I did, however, enjoy a nice chat with AFD. AFD showed me a new wiper lure that he ran across. It looks promising. I'll write about it in another post.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]There was, however, one guy on the pond who did have success (so he claims). He and his friend were in a canoe with a small electric troller. He said that they had caught 8 wipers between the two of them (7 and 1). He said they were trolling slow and using an all white soft sassy shad. They were out in front of the feed lot and just a bit north. I seen them 3 nights ago in the same area. They did well then too. I was in that same area trolling a blue and white sassy shad and a white grub with a red led head. I never got a bite.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]As for that big blue thing on the south dike, it has been there about a month and a half. It is actually a fairly good marker of where the south side goes from shallow to deep. So until someone comes back to claim it or a ranger removes it, it's kind of a handy land mark for me.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the info OLd Coot, we tried slow trolling friday but mainly for walleye and not very long. Maybe I'll try one more time today the slow trolling thing and this time I'll stick to it. I know it is the best way to catch walleye so maybe it will work for both. After reading Tube Dudes post and seeing yours on the guys in the canoe there must be something to the slow trolling. Thanks guys, WH2
[signature]
The rumor is that there is a second out let. The out let is on the south side dike and runs through a tunnel out to the canal that runs out to the lake. I personally have no solid evidence that this exists or that the blue marker is the warning for the outlet tube, thats just the rumor. We have all seen this type of rumor before, so nobody take it as truth from my mouth, just a response to a question.
You might have the right idea because a few weeks ago we were near the same area and saw a small water spout about 50 yards from the shore. I wonder if the object is the covering for the
outlet, it looks like it is broken in the center.
Well we tried the slow and soft method today. We used the electric today and went slow over a lot of big fish and no takers. We tried a white curly tail jig, worm harness,
crankbait and the producer. Water temp was 54 degree. Water was calm most of the afternoon, only a few boats were on the water. WH2
[signature]