Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brainstorming a bear river carp derby
[black][font "Viner Hand ITC"]I have always wanted to have a bear river carp derby. [/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"]maybe We could donate the fish for food somehow.[/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"]any one with an idea of how this could be done.[/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"]is this legal?[/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"]what I had in mind was that:[/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"]1. we would converge on the bear river in box elder county, when the river is low and clearer in late summer.[/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"]2. we could donate the fish to farmers for fertilizer or we could donate for food?[/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"]3. prizes raffle?[/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"]4. we could go for poundage or numbers.[/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"]a dozen of us could take thousands pounds out of the river!!!![/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"]I would volunteer to set everything up! and buy the PBR.[/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"]If you have any good ideas post this thread!![/font]
[/black]

[signature]
carp also makes great cat fish bait plus i have never been to the bear river so i may be up to it depending on the date keep me informed
[signature]
Page 9 of the 2005 Proclamation discusses the laws of taking non-game fish. As far as it states it is legal as long as you don't leave the carp on the shore. The carp would have to be released or killed immediatley after catching them.

I would be interested in this derby along with a couple of my brother-in-laws.

Here is the link for the proclamation
[url "http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/proclamations/2005_fishing/05_fish_proc.pdf"]http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/proclamations/2005_fishing/05_fish_proc.pdf[/url]
[signature]