Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 best guns ever made
Field and stream has complied a list of the 50 best guns ever made. Pretty interesting to see how they rank them.

[url "http://www.fieldandstream.com/fieldstream/photogallery/article/0,13355,1024788,00.html"]http://www.fieldandstream.com/fieldstream/photogallery/article/0,13355,1024788,00.html[/url]
[signature]
ok before I go look, I will list my favorite guns, and we will see how Mine rate against their line up.

do you know how or what they used to rate them?
[ul] [li]1957 modle 57 fetherweight 12 gage ithica[/li] [li]1976 Ruger 10-22 1976 ruger 44 carbine (matching series)[/li] [li]1937 springfeild side by side double barrol[/li] [li]colt trooper III 357 mag 44 mag[/li] [li]smith and wesson 357 mag 44 mag[/li] [li]Browning madel A gold madalion 30-06[/li] [li]winchester 30-30 lever action[/li] [li]Remington springfeild 6mm 7mm 8mm magnums[/li] [li]22 daringer[Tongue][/li][/ul]
ok now I will go over and look to see how I matched up with their rankings.
[signature]
they only showed 15 of the top 50, I would like to see the other 35 when they come out.

several of mine made their list, one I forgot to put in my list that is on theirs was the remington 1100... (nice Gun)
[signature]
I see the old ruger 10/22 on there. I know I've used the hell out of mine and it just keeps on performing like a champ. If you want to see the rest of them simply scroll down the page and where it lists 1|2|3|4| etc. etc look to the right in the "additional info" box and it says "see all photo galleries" this will give you a choice of numbers. Like 16-30 and 30-40 etc. Hope it works for ya[Wink]
[signature]
thanks, I will look up the rest....
[signature]
sounds like to me what you have is a long barroled 20 gage magnum. Refered to as a goose gun.

not more powerfull than a 12 gage. power is relivent to your shell load.

this gun will be using 3 inch magnum rounds.

the long barrol is used for goose hunting because it helps to keep your pattern tighter for longer distances.

as for the price. I couldnt find any refference to the make and modle number you provided, this leads me to beleive it was manufactured in a third world industrial states like brazil or chili even african countries.

so resale value could be any where from 0 - 300. yes $0 is a posibility because there are used guns that dealers do not want to lay thier hands on, one is LLama. I have a LLama that I can not give away...
[signature]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]Cool, I own three guns that were one there. [/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]The three basics I think everybody needs.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]12 gauge Benelli Nova[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]7mm rem mag Remington 700-Rifle[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]Ruger 10/22-Good ole deuce deuce[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]I think everybody needs one of each.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I agree[Wink]. Everyone needs a shotgun, centerfire rifle, and a good ole reliable 22. I own a ruger 10/22 also and it has been one of my favorite guns. Mainly because I like to plink around without breaking the bank. Sure is affordable to shoot a ton of rounds..
[signature]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]Yeah it is really nice, and there are soooo many things you can get for the 10/22. It can also get pretty expensive fast if you buy the many different things for it.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
The Revelation 355 is a generic version of the Savage 94. It was made to be retailed (originally) by Western Auto. The OAL you describe seems to be Standard. They are not valuable guns. They only sell for about $105 on Guns America, The Honor Gun Classifides. That price is for a Savage gun. Generic guns are generally worth less than name brand equlas. Good luck.
[/reply]
[signature]