Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Martin or Hasty Lake
I just recently moved to Southeast Colorado from Salt Lake City and was hoping to find out a little info on the area. I am very active on the board in Utah and hope to meet some people here in Colorado. I am mainly a trout fisherman, and I have heard that Lake Hasty is about the only Lake down here with trout. Sounds like it is small and perfect for my float tube. ANy information anyone could give me on fishing in southeast Colorado would be appreciated.
[signature]
I have never fished Hasty. I have always assumed it is pretty much put & take. John Martin, NeeNoshe, NeGronde, Bonny and Pueblo can be terrific warm water fishing for bass, wipers, crappie, walleyes, saugeyes, and channel cats. A little more to the west you have Trinidad and Horseshoe and Martin which can also be very good warm water fisheries.
[signature]
Hey little brother, Looks like you found your way to the Colorado board. From the looks of it your gonna have to become a warm water fisherman. But I guess as long as it stretches your string its all good! Dad and I missed you this morning out on the ice. We iced 20 beautiful cutts and even got to bring 2 small ones home for lunch. Had you been there we prob would have landed 50! Hope you find a little water there soon to wet your hook!
[signature]
Hasty's got tons of trout,some large-Iwouldnt mess with the lake.The wednesday denver post had a warmwater preview mostly on southeast area.If I were you I would try Turks pond!
[signature]
I appreciate everybody's help, even my long lost brother in Utah. I look forward to getting to know the area and catching a few fish. I hope to get out a try soon so I will be sure to post a report. Hey Slayerfish, I know Hasty isn't very big but do you suggest fishing one spot over another. I noticed there in a dike running diagonal across it, dividing it into 2 smaller lakes. Any more info would be appreciated.
[signature]