Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wet Beaver Creek
I am a scoutmaster of a boy scout troop in Phoenix. We just took a trip to Wet Beaver Creek near Camp Verde. We went to the creek after lunch and they waded and swam in the water. I walked upstream and started fly fishing. I wasn't doing so good. There were lots of trees and my fly found those low hanging branches very easily. I lost a fly or two, cursed a word or two, then put on a royal wolff. I fished that for just a minute and POW! Fish on!! I brought him in and it was only 6" or so, but a fish none the less. To my surprise, it was not a trout that I am so accustomed to catching in the creeks around here. It was a large mouth bass!! I had no idea bass are in creeks anywhere. I know smallmouth are in some, but largemouth are supposed to be in lakes. I fished some more and in a short time all my boys were playing near me and watching, asking questions about fly fishing. I caught two more largemouth bass on fly! It was a good trip. A bad day fly fishing beats a good day doing just about anything else!!
[signature]