Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gorge report
My son and I went to the gorge on friday, wasn't sure if we would hit heavy snow or blizzards but it turned out to be ok. Just a few flurries off and on. Thanks to MGB, fishhungry, and d-mack for the jigging tips. We did pretty well with green speckled jigs tipped with a piece of crawler. Only caught one real nice one, the other fisherman that we talked to up there said this cold weather turned the fish off. They said it had been real hot fishing till a day or two ago when it turned cold again. There is a lot more water in the lake this spring compared to last year, I'd say it's 4 feet higher. The pic is my son with his biggest of the day that was a female that we put back.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Redbeard, what area of the Gorge did you fish? I guess you were casting jigs from shore, is that right? WH2
[signature]
Jigs from shore is right, only fisherman catching anything were the guys with jigs, bait fisherman were having a real slow time of it. Sheep creek area is where we were at, we went over by cart creek for awhile but the wind was blowing over there so we didn't stay long, only hooked one fish there and went back where we started.
Jeff
[signature]
Your boy looks like he needs to eat sumthin'

Bob
[signature]
Thats a nice fish your son caught. Hope the info I gave you was helpful.
[signature]
Shut up Brett! by the way bobfrapples is redbeards son in law and I am his bro in law that is in the picture....... well that is all I have to say