Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predator,Ducks
Hey have u guys been out latley,I have been down sense monday from appendix surgery,watching it snow this morning has got the fever going and was wondering if your seeing any new comers from the storm,the corrine area is where I hunt so any info would be great,I want to get out next week,thanks.

Tony[crazy]
[signature]
[size 4]The deer hunt has put the ducks on hold, but now that its over I will be out in the marsh regularly. I am going out friday and saturday of this week. The snow brought them out in force this morning. Saw lots of rigs go by on the way home from work. But as usual with the first storm of the year, there are lots of hunters and the shooting is not so good. I have been hearing regular shooting every morning except this morning. The snow must have had them holding tight waiting for the snow to stop falling. My reports from last week were good for bird numbers when you got away from the crowds. My dad and uncle went out last thursday and saturday. Had a ton of birds around, but the old men have a hard time seeing the birds. They generally have birds land in the decoys before they know they are there. I have even watched ducks swim around in the decoys and fly off without them knowing they were there. Its kind of funny. Cant wait to get old, blind, and lose my hearing. The bird refuge was holding a ton of birds before this snow, but I havent heard anything today. Like I say, I will be out this weekend and will post my reports here. Good luckk with the hunting. Too bad about that appendix. Why cant that stuff happen after we are dead?[/size]
exicelent Question

I got another to ad to your list,

any one see any snow geese?

been 30 years since I et one of them tastey critters.

snow geese are usualy the last to come down the pike, at least here in michgan.

I like to use them as a weather indicator as to what is going on up north twards the artic, the earlier they head south the sooner I expect cold weather and visa versa. (better indicator than a ground hog [shocked] )

preditor sorry about that stich in the side thing, definaly bad timing to say the least, But is there realy a good time for such a thing?

I didnt know some one could get around that fast after that type of sergery, on a purely selfish note be carfule dont hurt your self in exerting your passion for the great out of doors, I would hate to loose a good moderator/reporter and most of all a good frend.
[signature]
We dont get a lot of snows here, but I have seen a few killed over the years. I heard of a few being killed so far along with some blues, but for the most part its just canadas.