Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floating this Saturday
I am floating Utah Lake this Saturday and so far I am flying solo.

Plans are to launch at the Lindon Boat Harbor and fish just North of the harbor.

If anyone would like to join me let me know. I am trying to work on the buddy systems especially with all the capsized boats in Utah Lake lately.

I will be toon bound.
[signature]
I would love to go with you in my toon this weekend, but I have commitments to help out in Salt Lake. I would like to go asap after that either there or to willard or pineview with you. Jake
[signature]
Sounds good. Will keep you posted on when I plan to head out when I get back from Powell.

Things should really start warming up the next couple of weeks.
[signature]
The fee is....... Wipe my tab clean. haha jk

Just dropped you a PM. Looks like weather may be good for warming up to get the fish to bite. Last week water temps were up to 55-56 degrees where we were fishing and I can only guess it will be around the same this week with the cold front slowing the heating process.
[signature]
Dang... I was hoping to join you at Lincoln beach as that was my planned choice for a change of venue since I've been fishing mainly from Lindon harbor the past four times this year. Maybe with your report being favorable I am prone to change my mind to fish Lindon instead. Let me know how today went, TubeDude.

I am hoping to hit Willard on 3rd saturday this April since that is my whole weekend off from work. I work too much![:/]
[signature]
I may be up for Willard then as well. If it warms up like I expect it to it could be much better than my last trip. Wink
[signature]
Check the beach area just South of there? It wouldn't be much of a kick from there to where we will be fishing.
[signature]
I HAVE WALKED THAT ROAD A MILLION TIMES THERE IS NO WORRIES GENEVA IS CLOSED BELEIVE ME THE ROAD IS SAFE TO WALK WITHOUT GETTING BUSTED I WOULS FISH THE PIPE WITH CBR
[signature]
[cool]If I can make it to TubeDude's house one of these evenings this week to patch up my tube, I'll be going to Lincoln Beach tubing. I can't kick the mile or so it takes to get from Linden boat harbor out to the good spot. If I can't make it to TD's place, then I'm gonna fish off the 3rd springs area in my waders. Good luck, Craig! Hope you do well. Weather is supposed to be 60 degrees. Sounds like good worm drowning weather to me!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I checked it. Too steep down off the road and the beach is yucky mud. Neither to my liking. Also, the slope of the beach is so gradual that you would have to wade and slog fifty yards from the water line before the water is deep enough to sit down and kick. Hate shallow water launches and mud.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Spanish Fork, UT On The Spot Weather
[Image: blank.gif] [url "http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/USUT0239?dayNum=2&from=weekend"]Friday[/url] Apr 1 [Image: blank.gif] [Image: blank.gif][Image: blank.gif]
[Image: 30.gif]
Partly Cloudy High
55°F
Low
33°F [Image: blank.gif] Precip: 0% [Image: blank.gif] [Image: blank.gif] [Image: blank.gif][Image: blank.gif] Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the low 30s. [Image: blank.gif] [url "http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/USUT0239?dayNum=3&from=weekend"]Saturday[/url] 2 [Image: blank.gif] [Image: blank.gif][Image: blank.gif]
[Image: 11.gif]
Few Showers High
58°F
Low
37°F [Image: blank.gif] Precip: 30% [Image: blank.gif] [Image: blank.gif] [Image: blank.gif][url "javascript:downArrow()"][Image: blank.gif][Image: pull-down_button.gif][/url] [#b7b9ac]details[/#b7b9ac] Few showers. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the upper 30s. [Image: blank.gif] [url "http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/USUT0239?dayNum=4&from=weekend"]Sunday[/url] 3 [Image: blank.gif] [Image: blank.gif][Image: blank.gif]
[Image: 30.gif]
Partly Cloudy High
59°F
Low
38°F [Image: blank.gif] Precip: 10% [Image: blank.gif] [Image: blank.gif] [Image: blank.gif][Image: blank.gif] Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s and lows in the upper 30s.
[signature]
Thats too bad. Honestly that pipeline gets alot of traffic from anglers. I don't think you would have a problem launching there, but carryiing all your gear would suck.

On another note, I am loving the forecast. I don't mind rain when I am prepared for it, and the cloud cover may help my odds with hooking the monster I am chasing. Wink
[signature]
Geoff, you need to get that beast patched so you can join us @ Willard when we get back from Powell.
[signature]
TubeDude, They make back straps for float tubes to carry on you back like a pack for those long walks down to the lakes. I use them for long walks along the Deer Creek's RR tracks to walleye sites. They would come in handy for you.

As for the no trespassing signs, that's a joke... back when walleyes were in their prime heydays at the bubble up, so many people jumped or go around the gate. Even DWR posted a sign no fishing before 7 am and no fishing after 7 pm right on that trail midway down thatta ways. I guess that is just to keep people from swimming their cooling ponds lol...

BTW I know there's a million carp inside that place. You will see them where the water enters the cooling ponds...[shocked]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Paul, I assure you that I have trudged my fully loaded Super Fat Cat into some pretty remote spots. It comes with D rings on the underside (see picture) to which I attach a wide strap. I use the strap to lift the tube up and onto my forehead...tumpline style. That leaves my hands free to carry rods, fins, etc. It works great.[/#0000ff]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8951;]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am planning to try that spot on Saturday. Maybe even Friday if I can swing it. Believe me, the short walk down to the water there is nothing compared to the places I used to carry my craft in Arizona. No pesky cactus or nasty rattlesnakes nipping at my heels on the way down neither. I can handle getting gummed by a carp.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I will be launching at sunrise and should have my anchor set shortly after at my favorite spot. See you this weekend Pat.
[signature]
I took my maiden voyage on the FC4 out at the bubble-up. It is a nice easy walk along the road (past the trespassing and DWR sign). I just walked to where the pipe went from the cooling pond to the lake. There is a well worn trail to tip toe through the tullies right out to the pipe.

Good luck!
[signature]
[cool]Sounds good, dude! Good luck down there, by the way. Hope you guys slaughter 'em! I wanna see some pictures of 20 lb+ Stripers!!
[signature]
[cool]Thanks, Pat. I'll probably call ya in a little bit to see if you have any free time tonight, or tomorrow (thurs.). I'd like to see you apply the aquaseal, so I know exactly how to do it next time this happens.[crazy]
[signature]
Are you guys fishing Lindon or Lincoln beach on saturday? I haven't had a line in the water for a while and might be interrested in tagging along, let me know the details.
[signature]