Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premier Trip w/Bigfishtackle Buddy
Hi there guys and special wayyyy tooooo goooooo Aaron,

Aaron got this humongus 7lber today!

Had a tank of our little squid friends to greet us when coming aboard. Went out on the 3/4 day Premier today to Catalina. This boat is, among a couple, that I think have attained a great balance between speed in all kinds of weather and stability both running as well as being a fishing platform.

Anywho... After Bill's Smelt Sandwich, Danny and Jimmy got our 30 some angler load to fish a couple of shallow spots and picked up the usual variety of bass, sheephead, and perch.

Switching gears.... we went for the deeper water and rockfish which was the ticket. All kinds of rockfish, whitefish, sculpin, sheephead, salmon grouper, 1 giant Johnny bass, and a nice ling (released) by one of our Allcoast members made for a day with 300+ fish overall. Used both frozen and some fresh dead cut squid with about 8 ounces of weight to keep those plastic filet bags nice and fat! Returned again about 6:30pm

As everyone knows by now, the prudent skipper will fish the shallows with the knowledge that once he's gone to the deeper water to fish their ain't no goin' back to the shallows without risking potential problems.

JapanRon
[signature]
Sounds like you guys had a good time. I'm sure it could have been a little more colorful it you could have had some yellow in there but they aren't out every day.[pirate]
[signature]
Hey TubeN2,

The next day 9 yellows on the boat by 11am ......same boat/captain/location minus........ ME !!!!

JapanRon
[signature]