Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...how did you do on the ice this last season?
Hello all,
Well another ice fishing season has past and the numbers wer'nt to bad, a little slower than last. Managed to land 386 fish on the ice in 20 outings. Mostly catch and release, lots of bass, perch, crappie and a few trout. I did have a luck on my side when it came to a cusk I caught it weighed 7.66 lbs and measured 29 1/2" long! It took Largest non-game species at the Upper Kennebec Chamber of Commerce 4th annual Wyman lake derby in Bingham Maine. The derby has a $500 "Biggest Fish" prize and for about 3 hours I had a major Smile on my face but soon found out that the Big prize was only for the biggest game fish..... [Sad] ..Bummer! anyways still ended up with a two teer thophy and $50 so not too bad I guess. The biggest game fish was only a 3.48lb lake trout!
I fish ice derbies every weekend and openwater fish almost every day
So lets hear it... how did ya do this last season?

Set The Hook!!

Don
[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Don, hope you survived another Maine winter. How did you do on the ice this year? I'm one of the moderators for the Utah board and we had a bangup ice fishing season. We get lots of big trout, of several species, including lake trout up to about 40 pounds through the ice (not me though).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We are all about ready for open water and boating and tubing. Do you fish all year or just through the ice?[/#0000ff]
[signature]