Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek ?
hey, it's FB2 here. I just wanted to know how fish'n on the ol' der crek has been lately and whatb is workin. thanks everybody for tellin me whats going down with the fish that i dream of catching on thew provo it really makes me feel just a tad better to know that its not just my home stretch of river that has this problem.

keep your lures wet

FB2
[signature]
Sorry...I didn't log in before posting that last post. Trick or treat. I doubt that anyone could tell by my abbreviated message that it was me.
[signature]
Fish boy, you guys ever catch any of those huge perch down there? Skeeter came back from there alst year with a mess of the biggest perch I have ever seen. They were huge! I am talking about small wiper size perch. I am looking forward to some ice fishing for some of those bad boys. Maybee we can get skeeter to post up the picture of them big old fish.
Here's a pic I took of a buddy of mine while we were fishing at Yuba in 2000. We were catching 14 inchers like this all day--used to catch them like this all the time. We were walleye fishing and threw back all perch.

[Image: glenperch.jpg]
[signature]
perty perch
[signature]
Yep, those are the ones! I didnt know they had them size in yuba too. If pineview grew them that big on a regular basis, that would be awesome. Thanks for posting the pic dennis.
My son and I went to the north end of Rainbow Bay last Sat the 26th and just fished from shore. Did well on bright green Powerbait, fished 3 ft off the bottom, about 25 yds out. Caught 7 fat Rainbows, took home five of them. We were there from 2 pm to 3:30 pm, left when the wind started blowing and rain started coming down. Largest one we caught was close to 17", smallest was about 13". When I cleaned them at home, a couple of them were full of eggs.

Tight lines and take care,
TenMMFan
Nice fish Dennis, we caught some nice perch at Yuba in 2001, the biggest was 13.5, have you caught any that were bigger than 14in? I have heard stories about 16&17inchers in Deer Creek. I agree with predator if those muskies can thin out those little perch in Pineview we could see some of those hog perch there. That might be wishful thinking, WH2
[signature]
I don't know if the perch would get that big in Pineview, because in Yuba and Deer Creek they grow unrestrained once they get too big for the walleyes to eat. After that, we're their only predators. I don't think Perch could outgrow those muskies. Heck, small children shouldn't even swim or ski in Pineview!! [Smile]

I don't know if those big perch are a blessing or a curse in our small waters. They attracted perch jerkers by the boatload at Yuba. The walleyes wiped out the small perch, and people wiped out the big ones. But I also know the big perch feed pretty voraciously on the small perch. So I don't know where the balance is. I just hope big perch aren't an omen.
[signature]
hey

we have not ever caught any huge perch i mean the biggest thing out of deer creek i have ever caught is a nice 20+ inch measured and pictured small mouth bass. but hey can't complain about that can I. the biggest perch ive caught well lets just put it this way i brought it home alive and put it in my fish tank and my fish ate it.

see ya on the water

FB2
[signature]
hey,

did you keep the eggs? if so or if not for future refrence those are some very good trout baits. just put them in a canning jar and there ya go.

see ya on the water

FB2
[signature]