Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thanks for the welcome
I am really not much of a ice fisherman but i guess ill have to pull out the carharts and sorels once this year and dunk a swedish nipple or something. since i know nothing about ice fishing i guess ill watch everyone else and try to get lucky. but i wouldnt mind joining a good barbeque on the ice. i took the time to post some of my pics on the wall of fame but i think i did it wrong. they seem to be lost in the shuffle of other pictures. in case anyone is interested the brown spawn is in full swing they are past their staging holes and starting to protect their beds. whitefish and rainbows are feeding heavily on the eggs at the bottom of the runs in the areas i have found them. im jealous over the tiger predator, i have tried all fall for one. since im a bank fisherman the odds are less in my favor but......... ill get lucky one time, or at least ill keep telling myself that to feel better. if anyone likes trout fishing and doesnt mind wading in the frigid winter waters thats where youll find me adn can come along.

happy fishing

xman
[signature]
Heres a tip on the way to post up the pics on the wall of fame. At the top of the picture column there is a button that says "add a photo" you just click that and it asks for your name, then you click the browse button on the next line down and it will bring up all your photos in the my pictures file. Select the photo, and fill out the rest of the info. Then finish up and it should appear either directly on the front page or if there is a bunch of entires to access the remainder click the runner ups button under the top three photos. If you still have problems, let me know. As for the musky's just stick around, there is always a guy or two out trying to get one on the board. I went out with bear lake mack at the end of the season and ran into old coot out there. Lots of guys on the board meet up and fish together so just stick around and next spring we will get you out there on a boat.
I just found your pics. Looks like you did it right. if you did it yesterday, they should have gone in the october contest, and thats where they are. If you entered them today, they should have gone in the november contest. Nice pictures though. Thanks for putting them in there.
Most welcome for the welcome. I never iced fished until I got to Utah in 99, now I am an addict!!

Very nice pics X. Sometimes I get green with envy looking at all you pics. Do you primarily fly fish???
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag(':/')"][unsure][/url] Submitting his fish on the last day of the month didn't give him much chance in October. Is Xman allowed to resubmit them for November?

Kent
[signature]
Yes, he should be able too. I ahve never tried to post the same pics in different months.
[signature]
thanks for the compliment,

honestly i fish with whatever works. i know a cliche. but i fly fish usually in the summer for trout when the hoppers get going i do enjoy the top water action there. other wise i use my baitcaster for bass and larger species. and my spin setup for trout. i jig fish primarily for trout. i dont tell many people this so i feel this is a safe place where it wont flood the waters with this particular method. i spent most of my fishing time this year in wyoming and montana and a few trips in idaho. but the pics were all taken here in utah, some this year a few from last year in the winter. i have too many pictures to count and dont feel its necessary to post them all. i guess seems a bit overkill if i did, i think at least. but if anyone is willing to go out and walk a bit im happy to show people how i fish if they want to know. by the way jealousy isnt a word for me looking at that toad musky of yours. dang!!! i cant imagine how many day dreaming episodes ive had catching a big mama like that.

happy fishing

xman
[signature]
I just got around to check out you're pics . Nice fish !!
[signature]
Xman,
I saw your pic's on the Wall of Fame and wanted to tell you thank you for posting them.
I see you like that Musky.
What do you think of this pic? hehehe!!!!!
[image]www.bobhallpier.com/016_16.jpg[/image]
I recieved it but have little info about it other than it was taken at Bob Hall Pier on Padre Island East of Corpus Christi, Texas. Don't know who or when!
[signature]
i think the most obvious part about that picture is im glad to not be the bait. never really thought of catching a shark. makes a tiger look like a baby haha. thanks for sharing.

xman
[signature]
hye kent

thanks for looking out for me. but you know me i dont care much about that stuff. just sharing my pics with whoever is interested. maybe another month ill submit some more of them.

xman
[signature]