Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poodle Fishin
Yep thats right i had to bring the wifes
pooch with me fishing for Artic grayling or wasnt to go.
At first i said noway to the idea.
But as i thought about it a while and knowing of all the dead fall and heavy brush to go through to get to my favorite grayling spots . I gave in thinking maybe puffy the wifes lil white groomed to perfection poodle would get lost or something,This was my chance to rid my life of this lil toe biting hound grooming expense.
. We arrived at the spot me and the poodel and she jumped outta the truck like a big dog would ,confident and ready to go on the hike. Walking through the jack pines with puffy at my heels and fishing rod in hand. I looked up ahead on the sandy covered trail littered with pine cone shells.Thats when i saw was something i didnt want to see that day.Two small black bear clubs crossing the trail about 500 ft ahead of us . I thought for sure the poodle would go crazy and chaseing them barking,yelping and then retreating
back to me for safety,and bringing the bears and mother sow behind her. I was in a tight spot so i motioned to the poodle to come here before she got wind of the cubs. I then picked it up and covered her eyes. And started to make my way slowly back to the safety of my chevy.As walked i could hear the black bear sow grunting and sniffing the air and calling for her cubs behind me. I still had a far way to go. I looked back and behind me was the cubs f
ollowing me and the poodle. I had no choice to head to the nearest tree in a rush. When i got to the tree the cubs were running after me thinking i was the mother but not
far behind the mother started to charge.
I had to let down puffy in a hurry, telling her to go back to the truck.. When she hit the ground she automatically started to chase the cubs away .I could see from the safety
of the tree the mother bear trying to charge her and protect her cubs.every time the bear would swipe at her,she
ould be around the other side and sometimes
going through the bears legs.Barking and nipping at the huge sows ankles. Frustrateing the bear.
I couldnt believe it she put the run on all the bears and i all could hear was this lil poodle yepping and barking like crazy. And then silence..I came down outta the tree a started back to the truck.Calling for puffy over and over from the truck i
thought the poodle got eaten for sure.
Started up the truck and then i noticed
scragly lil fuzzy headed poodle with a courage of a lion crawling
out from under the truck. Puffy just looked at me like i was a coward
The end
That is a great story, I have a new respect for those little yippers now. My two dogs would go and lick the bears to death!
[signature]