Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
striped bass fishing on lake norris TN
[font "Bradley Hand ITC"][black][size 4][font "Bradley Hand ITC"][size 4][b]Me and a buddy will be heading down to lake Norris the week of the 18th. We will be camping close to the dam. I was wondering if anyone could give some pointers on striper fishing this time of year. I thought about getting a guide the first day but decided to just wing it. Any pointers or tips on finding and catching them would be helpful. We both are experienced fisherman but never went after striped bass before. Thanks, Jan[/size][/font][/size][/black][/font][/b]
[signature]
Hi and welcome to the BFT message boards. I love striper fishing and could help you out.

I suspect that the water is still a bit cool right now as it is over here on the west coast. I have also been to that lake a few years ago.

During this time of year, the Stripers are still down low and need to be slow trolled for using 4 to 6 inch swim baits that resemble shad or bream.

You can also have good success with Anchovies or Sardines. Believe it or not, the Stripers were originally an anadromous species and the scent and sight of Anchovies is built right into their little noses.

Please remember that you will need to troll from 60 to 80 feet in the morning hours and then you can resume to only 25 to 30 feet towards the afternoon.

There is also a Megabait live jig that resemble an anchovy. They are very effective. Just click on the Megabait banner ad to check their site for some of the many colors and sizes that available.

Good luck on your trip and please let us know how you did.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Bradley Hand ITC"][black][size 4]tubeN2,[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Bradley Hand ITC"][size 4]Thanks for the info, I dont have down rigging equipment. Is there another way to get to those fish? according to the east TN fishing report, the water temp is in the upper fifties as of april seventh. How hard is it to find stripers on the depth finder? If you can then could you jig for them with live bait. Thanks Jan[/size][/font]
[signature]