Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tag ends
[cool][#008000]When attaching my leader to the fly line I prefer to use a nail knot. I clip the tag ends about 1/32 to 1/16th of an inch. Works for me. Attaching a leader to a tippet I use a blood knot and play safe at 1/16th of an inch. How close do you clip your tag ends?[/#008000]
[signature]
I got lazy,

I pick up those slip on shrink on fly line ends and just do a loop to loop my tippet to my fly line....
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][black][size 4]Hey Dave the trouble with the loop to loop is that they have a tendencey to hang up on the guide eyes when first letting out ones fly line.. Naturally it isn't a problem after you get some line out because one generally doesn't reel up the [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][black][size 4]leader/tippet during regular casting.[/size][/black][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
trobles with out a doubt.

but my nimble fingers cant handle tying those nail knots any more... my floating line seems to draw water and start sinking....[shocked]

the killer is when I use long tipets 9 feet on a 8 foot rod. I have to pull line out of the end of the rod by hand prior to fishing.

so for me to keep my line floating it is well worth the expence and the pain of hand lining my rod to start....

I know a good nail knot wont sink I just cant do them any more... I guess that is one of the signs of getting old....
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 4]Years ago I bought a "Tie-Fast" tool. That thing works very well tying a nail knot. I know what you mean pulling a 9' leader + a few feet of tippett is a pain if it hangs up especially if one is wading.[/size][/#008000][/font][/center]
[signature]