Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 6 foot trout? Holy Cow!!
Check this out, I just heard of these fish in mongolia called taimen. They are the largest salmonoid species of fish in the world. Some of them grow to over 75 inches and 200+ pounds. The locals catch them using full-sized gophers for bait. If I had the money, I'd love to fly out to mongolia to catch one of these things.
[signature]
man o man those r big thanx for sharing that.
[signature]
[cool][Image: 0026.JPG]
Can you imagine catching something like this in Strawberry? Looks like a big ol' cutt, huh?

Same or similar fish, called Huchen, is found in some of the larger European rivers.
[signature]
Geez!! What prey fish do they eat? Walleye?? [Wink]

Now I opened that can of worms I'll just sit back and watch the fun!!! [angelic]
[signature]
Hey Thanks I love seeing pics like that from other parts of the world. What really tickles me is the fishermen ........... No matter where you live, how you soak your hook, you just gotta show off that catch of the day! Don't we all look a lot alike on the water ......... not refering to body size, facial structure, but how we dress, hold ourselves, heck you guys know what I mean [Smile]
[signature]
Talk about some monsters! Man that would sure be a rush to catch those bad boys. Thanks for sharing the pics.
[signature]
Now thats the kind of trout i would love to fish for ! They probably eat everything in site![sly]
[signature]
[cool]Those a freakin' amazing!! I never even knew those things exist! Thanks for sharing!
[signature]
That is one georgeous fish! Anyone know if I can buy some fry of these dudes online? I'd kinda like to see some in some waters closer to home... Just kidding!
Thanks for posting. Wish I could catch one. Some day after I'm a doctor maybe...
[signature]
I bet those would be fun out of a tube or toon. Just imagine flyfishing those bad boys with a fly the size of a Chihuaha.[cool]
[signature]
I saw an article on those in a Field and Stream I got. They had a picture of a Potgut looking thing hooked on a treble hook. It was kind of amusing. [cool] I guess they are hard to get hooked up with or were for this guy anyway.... McLennon, can you imagine?? That would be awesome in some of our urban fisheries... might even come up on shore and pick off some of the more unethical fishermen or something.... Yeah, i'm going down to Willow for a couple maneaters.... LOL!!! Don't we have trout that size in the Gorge?? Just curious, because I really have no idea.... I'd love to get one out of the Berry like that.... In a lake like that, I'd bet you could almost ski behind one that big..... And thinking about fly fishing.... I could lend a couple neighbor dogs from our friends south of the border if anyone would like to try..... [sly]
[signature]
A couple years ago, I read an article about a couple guys who went to Tibet to fish for these cool fish. They were flyfishing. They said it was a real rush. There were a couple natives watching them laughing. Finally they went to talk to them. Niether could understand the other. The natives left and the guys kept fishing. After awhile, they heard some loud "bangs". They couldn't figure what it was. Shortly, the natives came back with a few gopher-like critters they had shot and some hooks that looked like small boat anchors. They tied the gophers to the hooks and really increased their catch. It would be a riot!

J.
GoFish
[signature]
I guess if there were a few of those in the waters, people would have to give up bucket biology for fear of getting eaten by a bigger species.[pirate]
[signature]
That reminds me of some beasts that I ran into last summer in Central Cali.

I put out a couple of 5lb cans of tuna fish with a treble hook attached to one end and a 1/4 inch poly line to the other.

The ropes were gnawed through in the morning and the cans of tuna were gone. I guess that proves the stories of the 40 and 50lb catfish in the area.

I'm going after them next month. I'll get some pics posted too.[cool]
[signature]
I guess the only thing we have around here that could compare to these would be some big sturgeon. Of course the ocean has fish much bigger than these, but I guess the real thrill is catching something so big that looks so much like something you're used to catching at home. Can you imagine catching a 60" largemouth bass? Or a bluegill the size of a car tire? That would be a story to tell.
[cool][#0000ff]Giant Carp?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[Image: 6_2.jpg]
[signature]
holy frigin fish hey i was watching t.v. and off the coast of australia theres a fish (some kind of bass) that can swallow a man whole do to its massive bukle cavity thanx for sharin the pics
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You probably saw something on the giant grouper known as a "potato cod" in Australia. There have been a few recorded instances of them munching on people. One of the worst such encounters was when a kid fell overboard on a glass bottom boat that was out looking at fish over a reef. One of those bad boys was hanging just under the boat, hoping to be fed, and when the kid hit the water the fish gulped him down whole.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[Image: Potatoe_Cod.jpg]
[signature]
[cool] All's I gotta say "Yeaaah Buddy"
[signature]
That reminds me of a story I read in the In-Fisherman magazine years ago. The article was about the largest fish in the world. In the Amazon river headwaters in Bolivia they had huge fish, but I can't remember what they were called. The natives took a ten pound fish and impaled a huge hook through the fish for the bait, tied one-half diameter nylon rope to the hook, threw the fish out into the river and tied the other end of the rope to a small tree along the river bank and left it for the night. When they came back to check it the next morning the tree was gone. Acey
[signature]