Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new duck report
The marshes were all iced over this morning. an inch and a half covered the entire public shooting grounds hull lake. Now thats some thick ice that formed in three days especially for the end of october! Shoot, I dont live in alaska! I drove up to mantua and there was ice all around the edges of the lake. The good news, the rivers will be chuck full of birds. The bad news, I didnt fire a single shot today. There was a ton of birds flying around, but they all stayed high.
Sorry about the bad luck Pred. No fun watching dinner fly overhead. But the good news is, No mosquito's[laugh]
[signature]
Well, that took care of it. I left the house at 1:30 and was back by 4:30 with a limit of ducks. I probably only spent an hour and a half hunting, the rest was travel and set up/ tear down time. Mallards, teal, goldeneyes, and shovelers.Doesnt get much better for the time frame but the bag could have been better. We dont like shooting the mr hollywoods.
I like them all Predator. My favorite is the Pintail, and I consider them the most intellegent of all ducks. You wouldn't believe it when your in one of their main wintering areas, as the vast numbers always produce some easy pickin's. I hope to take some Barrow's Goldeneye in Montana next week, that would be a trophy to me. Good hunting, Ghost
[signature]