Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local Butts
[Smile]We spent yesterday dragging the harbor for halibut. Waded through lots of small "fly-swatters". I finally caught a 25 pounder and two 26 inch butts. My bait for the big one was a large tom-cod and we weren't drifting but anchored over a hard spot in 20 feet of water. The thrill of the day came when a 50 pound plus thresher shark took my 15 inch lizard fish bait. He ran under the boat so fast he almost back lashed my reel while it sat on clicker, he jumped 10 feet in the air, wrapped the anchor line and broke off. This all took place so fast I didn't stand a chance. Yes, lizard fish are excellent baits for the big boys. It's weird though! Every thresher I hook seems to initially run under the boat. At this writing many jumping threshers have been seen in the harbor. I was wondering "how" do most guys fish for them other than to accidentally hook one that happens to swim by.
[signature]
[Wink][crazy]With all Due Respest, We Had a Protest in L.A. Harbor on that day......???????.....Don't Forget TO VOTE FOR ANY ONE BUTT Gray Davi$..............or else...[pirate][pirate][pirate][pirate][pirate][pirate][pirate][pirate][pirate][pirate][shocked][Tongue] I still wish Spongebob Squarepants was running for govener.................just a thought........................................[unimpressed]
[signature]
I meant another yesterday since I too was present at the protest. Where will this all lead us? Remember the demise of the sardines for which at the time they blamed over-fishing for the problem,,,,,,, and later found that it was a natural occurrence that happens every 20 years. In fact now the commercial guys up north quit fishing them because there are currently so many sardines being taken up there the commercial price reduced so much they simply quit fishing them.
[signature]
[Wink] I Just Knew,You Had to be there! I'm glad all of us as Californians are bonding to fight for what's right!!!!!! [Smile]