Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hudson River
[cool][cool][cool]It time again to get out and try for some striped Bass on the Hudson. I've had reports that stipers are being caught in Catskill along with Herring. The water temp today is 46deg. and climbing. I think by Sat. morning we should be in the 50's and that should start thing rolling up here in the Albany area. I'm headed out sat AM to see what happens. Just be careful there is a lot of debri in the water from all the rain we had. Great fishing and good luck.
[signature]
I was out Sat.the 16th had a great day on the water but no fish yet. Some reports of herring and stripers being caught near Catskill but nothing north of there. The water temp sat was 47 to 48 degs. but today it is maintaining above 50degs. more boats are showing up and I think it will be an earlier season this year with all this nice weather we are having. I try again later this week Chief
[signature]
[cool][cool]Hey Gumby I'm glad you have had success with the stripers it's been a tough go on the Hudson. some herring but mostly males. The water temp has to go up but our nights are cool. There was a nice 42.5" striper caught in the Catskill area last friday and a few around here. Maybe next weekend will be better our temps are supposed to go up. Let me know how the fishing is on tupper on June 9th we head up to Black lake for 9 days, just a month and a half away[Smile][Smile] Stay safe Chief
[signature]
It's time to get out herring Shad and stripers being caught at will thru out the lenght of the Hudson.
[signature]
[cool][cool][cool][cool]Striper fishing has been great many fish are being caught some boats are catching as may as 20 a day. We haven't seen this quaintity of fish in a number of years. Water temp is holding so it should stretch out the season a little longer. Cut shad has been taking the largest fish. We had two fisherman in a canoe hook into a large striper and it capsized their canoe. Many boats around them so they were fine but they lost all their gear and the fish. Got to remember to size your boat for the size of the fish you are looking for. Stay safe
[signature]
[cool]Wed. 5/18/05 caught a 36" and 22lb. striper at approx. 4 PM. I was doing a drift using fresh wounded herring. I cut the tail fin to make the herring run funny and if you cut just deep enough it leaves a light blood trail. scent is always good. There is still a few days left of good striper fishing on the Hudson and the farther south you go the longer the season.
[signature]