Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albacore Being Caught Down SD Way
Hey there guys,

For SoCal guys and those who may travel to the Southern California area take note that the albacore season may have started. Reports from San Diego, CA boats have some fish in only the 5 pound range (peanuts) with other grades of fish between 16 and 22 pounds. Catches of up to 100 fish are being made.

Still early but there's always the hope we'll have a banner year for the longfins.

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey Ron you are correct about the Albacore,we just got back this Sunday morning from a 976-bite 1-1/2 day exploratory trip with 25 anglers aboard the Indian.We landed 17 Albacore and 35 Yellowtail and 1 bonito fishing a large area south of the dumper around 117 miles 190 degrees from San Diego.Three boats fished there on Saturday and had a combined score of over 50 Albies and 100 Yellowtail.The fish are not real big about 5 to 7 lbs with a few up to 18 lbs.The water is clean blue and the sea temp is fron 62 to 63.3 degrees with lots of scad mackerel schools and some bait balls.This water colum runs south a long way so the door is open for the next batch to move up.It looks like a very early season for So Cal and we will be out there again next weekend on another 1-1/2 day,lets hope they keep biting Capt Randel
[signature]
CaptRandall HiYa there buddy,

Many thanks for your input....... very much appreciated. Boy you run a nice operation. Seen ya on more than a coupla shows and your trip report reflects your friendly, yet no nonsense approach to running the boat.

I don't get down to SD, but if I did, the Indian would be one of the first boats I'd want to ride. Going down for the Day-at-the-Docks and fish maybe Monday.

Nice deal on the week-day 1 1/2 day trips. Looks like your week-end 1 1/2's are goin' fast ! So little time, so many fish to catch. Poor Guy! ha ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
I will be around part of the day next Sunday for day at the docks stop by and say hi.
[signature]
Hi CAPTRANDALL. Good to see your exploratory was rewarded. You're always one of the first ones down there. [cool]

See ya at D@D!

Fishslayer
[signature]
Hey CaptRandel! Thanks for the scoop on the albies and yellows. Please feel free to keep us posted and up to date with whats going on.

There are lots of people that read these reports and react with excitement and and up booking boats based on good reports.[cool]
[signature]