Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally
Going for stripers on wed the weather is starting to warm up the rains have ended and I'm ready now if the fish will just cooperate then it will be perfect
[signature]
we had perfect conditions today mid 80's sunny calm seas clear water but the water temps were low warm at the surface but cool at the bottom I had a few short stripers and a load of skates there were a couple of other short stripers and 3 winter flounder the flounder were the only keepers caught today but not by me
[signature]
im assuming u were fishing off a boat? i dont know i want to go out and fish for stripers off the beach. I dont really want to take my boat out cause well.... i have only been using the 14' john boat i have. If the weather changes while im out ther it will either be a long ride in or a long walk to the ramp from the beach. Where abouts were u fishing? what part of the beach???
[signature]
we were in the ocean not a good place for a johnboat we were fishing off sandy hook beach and out by the mudbouy I wasin a 25 foot boat and we fished the rips off of sandy hook too
[signature]
awsome spots i got out there once or twice on a really nice day in the john boat!
[signature]
BE CAREFUL GOING OUT IN THE OCEAN IN A JONBOAT EVEN ON THE CALMEST DAYS THE SEAS CAN KICK UP AT ANY TIME ESPECIALLY ONLY A 14 FOOTER THEY CAN GET SWAMPED VERY EASILY i HAVE EXPERIANCED THAT FIRST HAND AND WE WERE ONLY IN THE BAY WHEN A SWELL TURNED ON AND WE GOT SWAMPED BY THE ROLLERS THERE IS NOT MUCH TO THE SIDES OF A JONBOAT AND THE FLAT BOTTOM MAKES IT HARD TO HOLD A POSITION WHEN THE WINDS KICK UP i LOST ALL MY GEAR THAT DAY ITS SITTING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BAY IT HAPPENED WHEN i WAS ABOUT FIFTEEN SO THAT WOULD BE 32 YEARS AGO BUT i NEVER FORGOT THAT WAS WHEN i LEARNED TO RESPECT THE WATER AND NEVER TAKE IT FOR GRANTED JUST MY 2 CENTS
[signature]