Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another mounting "solution" for fishmark 320.

I finally settled on how I would mount my fishmark 320. The wider screen presented some different challenges, but I liked this idea. (However, it definitely lacks the creativity level of the numerous recent good solutions for the cuda mounts)

1. I drilled the hole in the center of my plastic mounting bracket, and purchased suitable wood screws with a smooth base and 2 nylon washers. Picture 1.

2. I then drilled the screw into the 2x4 to the desired snugness. The entire unit can rotate 360 degrees if needed, and can be easily adjusted on the water. (Pics 2,3). The screw is more than long enough to completely stabilize the unit, but the set-up provides a mobility that wouldn't be possible if I mounted the bracket with the standard 4 screws provided.

I still have the longer cables that require storage in the pocket, but I'm OK with that. My finder gets double duty as my ice unit. Critiques requested, and thanks again for the wealth of good ideas on this forum. The picture and link folders will be great assets also. I can't wait to see the finished product.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, that looks really good. The mounting base is like the older model Eagle Fish ID series I used before getting the Cuda. I like the idea of the single center screw to provide rotation.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have been planning to get the 320 as my next sonar too. Let me know how you like it as a float tube tool. It has a bit more ability than the Cuda, and I too want something that will work well as an ice fishing sonar. I have heard good things about them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Question: What is the exact width of the wood piece you used as a base to fit into the pocket? That is definitely next on my list...after I cut and splice my cable...or even before.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
The piece of wood is exactly 6 inches long. I had to shave the end a couple of times to get it to go in and it fits very snugly.

As for the 320, it was the best $160 I have spent in a while. As an ice unit, it has been exceptional, especially for the cost. The "fast track" system gives you all the features of a flasher. My first time out on the tube suggested similar good performance on softwater.
[signature]
Those designs are getting better and better all the time. I guess we now have about a dozen or so to choose from. Almost any of them will fit most peoples budget too.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]YEP. Works fine.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#505000]Bless you my child.[Tongue] I have the Eagle Fishmark 480 which is that same unit but a little better screen resolution and I have struggled with how to mount it. I like what you've done and will likely employ something similar for my toon.[/#505000]
[signature]

Glad to be of help. This thread was started in April, and I can tell you after a summer of heavy use, it has worked quite satisfactorily. I am a resident of Springville, and if you want to see the whole setup or need help, feel free to stop by the house. I may also find myself at one of these fall flotillas at Utah lake, depending on work schedule and other things. If you wish, you can take my tube and finder out for a "test drive" and see how to best install the 480 for your toon.
[signature]