Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bladder problems,,,,
My bro-in-law picked up a 7' pontoon boat at a yard sale but it's missing the bladders for the pontoons. Can anyone give advice on where to get some replacements for a reasonable price?
[signature]
I know a good urologist..............uh maybe that isn't what you need[blush]. When in the market for a replacement float tube bladder, this company below seemed to have the best selection. I ultimately didn't order from them, (I bought a new tube) so I don't know about their service.

[url "http://www.thefloattubestore.com/"]http://www.thefloattubestore.com/[/url]

I hope this helps.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]My first move would be to get the name of the manufacturer and look up the company website. Some list replacement parts. Some don't. Depending on who put it out, they may have gone out of business (several have).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let us know the specifics...make and model, length, etc. There are a few air chambers that are interchangeable, but there are usually great differences not only in the shape, but the placement of the air valves, etc.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have sold a few float tubes at yard sales, but I always make sure they are aired up and lookin' good. Can't offer much sympathy for someone who would buy a pontoon without making sure there were air chambers. (snicker snicker)[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks TD. I will see if I can get the make/model and post it up. The bro-in-law did know that the 'toon was missing the bladders but he only gave $15 for it, assuming that bladders would be an easy aquisition.

Some peoples kids.........[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Like I said, some are readily available. Many are not. If he has to "improvise", he will be faced with making modifications on the cover to relocate the valves...at the very least. Hope we can find his air chambers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It's the old story...is the $15 a good buy, or is it simply wasted? I would have probably made the same move, so I guess I can't blame him.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
hi dave i just happen to have 2 never been used 7' bladders here at home send me a pm maybe we can work out a deal

i also have 2 used ones somewhere around here that may require a patching i'll just give those to you if you want
[signature]