Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to area, question on boats
[size 1]New to area, question on boats[/size]
[font "verdana, arial, helvetica"][size 2]Hi,
I recently moved from S. Florida to the Upper Valley of NH. I'm looking forward to exploring the freshwater fishing and was hoping to get some advice. There seems to be quite a variety of fish and quite a range of bodies of water from rivers to small and large lakes. Can anyone recommend any books or magazines to help me get a general understanding of what fish are caught where, during what season and with what general techniques?? Also, are there particular boats that are favored up here? I was hoping to get a trailerable boat that I can use for bass, trout, salmon, etc. I'd like to be able to run downriggers and I'd like to be able to bring my wife and young kids along. Any suggestions on types of hull, fiberglass vs. aluminum, etc.
I realize these are very vague questions and I'll learn a lot by reading these message boards, but I'd still appreciate any thoughts anyone cares to share. Thanks very much.
If anyone is headed for the W. Palm Beach area and needs advice for fishing there, give me a shout.
[/size][/font]
[font "verdana, arial, helvetica"][size 2]Dan[/size][/font]
deepdrop
[font "verdana,arial,helvetica"][size 1]Junior Member[/size][/font]
[signature]