Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's the magical moment you all have been waiting for... (It's official!)
Yeah...I know Rockport has perch...but has the Bucket Biologists already polluted that lake too? Or is it next on their hit list?

As for re-stocking lakes like Yuba, Deer Creek, Starvation, and soon Jordanelle with perch...visa vi Rockport or Fish Lake...who, what, when, and how...is this project going to be funded? The DWR has seen their funding slashed every year for years.

The last perch gathering (at Jordanelle) to re-stock Yuba...I was there participating every day, along with the DWR and BASS Federation people. We didn't see hardly ANY walleye fishermen putting in their time or money to gather the perch to transport to Yuba.

Yuba walleye are pathetic...if there are any even left in the lake. Deer Creek walleye are only eyeballs and skeletons. Starvation has stunted walleye with very few large ones in any of the lakes.

Yuba used to contain world class perch, walleye, channel cat and northern pike. Now Yuba has nothing...except waterskiers. Between the fishermen catching and keeping the big perch...and the predators eating the little perch...do the math...it's not rocket science. It took a few years, but the results were still the same...and the scenero was repeated at Deer Creek.

As soon as walleye becomes dominate in Jordanelle, that lake will go in the same downward direction as Deer Creek, Starvation and Yuba, with even the smallmouth going from a world class fishery to a typicle Utah smallmouth lake where a 4 lb'er will in the future be considered a trophy.

Since I hold the Utah C&R Smallmouth Bass state record...and last year caught over 42 smallmouth over 5 lbs at Jordanelle, and since there is a possible world record smallmouth in Jordanelle, I am sorely disappointed at the revelry expressed at the pending demise of this fishery.

It's only a matter of time...history...will repeat itself. Enjoy the boom...because the bust is coming.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [mikecromaine] Here's the magical moment you all have been waiting for... (It's official!) - by bassrods - 04-27-2005, 01:07 AM