Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Cat 4 - A Great Deal
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Posted this originally on the Utah Board:

Well, I went over to Sportsmans in Provo at lunch time and got my graduation present -- a navy blue Fish Cat 4 just in today! I'm very pleased that I actually came off with a fantastic deal too!

I went in last week and they had them for $149, but they only had the demo one on the wall, and 1 on the floor in it's Sportsmans Warehouse carrying bag, but it looked a bit dirty like maybe it was a return or something. So I asked them when they would get more in, and they told me today (Wed.). So today i went back, and asked for one from the new shipment. They went to the back and brought me one out in a box fresh from the delivery truck.

To my surprise, the price sticker on the box said $139.99, so I actually got it for the same price as on Cabelas or Riverwire.com, without having to wait for it to ship or pay any shipping charges, and not only that, the Sportsmans ones come with a free heavy duty carrying bag to carry it around in.

I found another surprise when I got out to the car and opened it up to check it out -- it also came with a free two-way hand pump!!! So now I can take back the one I got at Wal-Mart and just use this one. It also looks a bit smaller than the one from Wal-Mart, so it will be easier to take along on the tube to refill if necessary on the water!

So I ended up with a Fish Cat 4, carrying bag, and a pump for $139!!! I am so excited to get out there again on my new ride!!! I've been somewhat out of commission fishing wise the last couple of years what with working full time, school full time and a new baby. Now I actually will have a little free time once in awhile to go fishing more than 4 or 5 times a year!!

Woo Hooooo! Sorry just hadda share that with all ya. [/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I also snagged mine from Sportsmans. With a bit of effort, your FC will be ready to go in just a couple of minutes (with the supplied pump). I just chalk it up to my pre-fishing calisthenics.
[signature]
Congrats, Cat_man. You made a good choice. Hope you get years and years of fishing pleasure.

zonker
[signature]