Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chatfield 4/27 Again
This is becoming a common thing...get a day off... fish Chatfield.
The lake has risen 6ft with the incoming flow and many parts of the lake have turned muddy. The area next to the dam and all the inlets are discolored and the temps have dropped 4 to 6 degrees. I think the fish are still a little Confused warm one day and cold the next. Well that is spring.

I got to the lake at 8:00am and was happy to see only 6 trailers in the parking lot. My plan was to find clear water and a temp variance of 2 to 4 degrees. I found a spot near the road that had those conditions and was alone. I took my aqua-view and saw that the area had a nice weed line. Fish were moving in and out over the next two hours. I caught 8 walleyes in 4 hours all under the slot pushing 18" but not quite there yet.

I like fishing the day before a front moves in, the fishing can be fast. But with the other lake conditions it is not the best now. I saw several other boats get into fish pulling spinner rigs and back trolling minnow jig combos. I stuck to dropshotting and grubs. I got a new dropshot hook. It has a handle to run your tag end back through and it makes the hook stand up. Gives a nice presentation. I got it online a basspro shops.
[signature]
What were you using on your drop shot?

-Jay
[signature]
I saw those new hooks advertised and I wondered how they would be. So you liked the way they worked??? Better than just the standard Palomar knot rig?
[signature]
Reepers and mann's protien leech.
[signature]