Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new Fish Cat 4 setup
[size 1](Originally posted on the Utah Board)[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Pat, you can use these for the Picture Board if you want, but I'll get more on the water pics and ones with me in it later.[/size]
[size 1]----------------------------------------------------------------[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Well, I finally joined the FC4 club, and I was so excited I had to come post some pics of my setup. I've been using my round tube for 8 or 9 years now, and now finally can get something a bit more modern and mobile. I pulled out my fins and noticed the rubber was cracking on the ankle straps, so I got some replacements for that too. Take a look at the old straps, I could have easily lost one to the depths, and my fins do not float!!!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9331;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9332;]

Here is my Fish Cat 4 that I got from Sportsmans Warehouse for $139. Notice that it came with the red two-way pump, a repair kit including a tiny thing of aquaseal (not shown), and the nice heavy duty carrying bag that you see behind the tube.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9333;]

I got my rod holder all set up on there. It holds two rods, which can be 1 fly rod and 1 spinning, or 2 spinning rods. I haven't attached the other single rod holder yet for the right side (casting side). Of course, it wouldn't be the same without the BFT sticker on the rod holder!!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9334;]

Here you can see it with a rod in each holder.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9335;]

It looks like I'm ready to go, just need to get out on the maiden voyage now!![cool] [/size]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Man, you don't waste much time, do you? Looks like you were able to get the foam seat installed okay.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I like your two-rod holder. How about a closeup for the pic board?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You done good to replace the aging straps on the fins. Definitely don't need to try to kick back to shore with only one fin...or no fins. Never happened to me yet (knock on wood) but I have been out with other tubers when it happened to them. It does not work very well to try to propel a tube with only one fin. Even worse without any fins.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, what brand and model fins do you have? I am making a picture thread of different types of fins on the new board too. I would like to be able to label them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Look forward to seeing you at the "Gorilla Flotilla" on the 7th, if you can make it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks TD. No, I was too excited to wait another minute!! I'll take a close-up picture of my rod-holder and of my fins tonight. I tried hooking on my single tube rod holder for the casting side and it also seemed to work very well.

Yeah those straps were making me nervous last year, but I couldn't find any replacements. At Sportsmans I happened to come across some and snatched them up for like 6 bucks. They're not as thick as my original straps, but they'll do the job.

My fins are Stillwater brand. I think that's the same brand as my old tube as well. It's possible that they are no more than a re-brand of some other brand, but not sure, cause I've seen literally identical fins in another brand, with just a different company stamped on them, but I can't remember what the other brand was. Possibly Creek Co. but again I'm not sure.

I'll know soon if I can make it to the Gorilla Flotilla.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Those fins ARE similar in design and appearance to several models on the market. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I plan to collect pics from different websites to post up for everyone to look at and to gain an idea of form and function, and of course price.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It seems that there is as much difference in personal preferences on fins as there is in lines, lures, reels and just about every other aspect of fishing. Whatever "floats your boat"...or propels your FC4.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice FC-4, CM. Looks kinda familiar. [Wink] Mine's the identical setup.

zonker
[signature]
Those look my Browning fins. You can buy replacement straps at Sportsmans for cheap. My fin straps did the same thing.
[signature]
[center][cool][#008058]I never go out without my tether straps [a worthwhile investment]hooked to my ankles and flippers. Plus being too expensive to lose, I would hate to go around in circles for the rest of my life.[/#008058] [/center]
[signature]