Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Killer Deal
All spring I have been working construction at the new Wynn Las Vegas and have done no fishing. On the other hand the checking account is healthy. Fair exchange? I don’t know.

What I’d like to do now is sell my little 12 ft Sears fiberglass boat to someone on the forum who needs and will use it. The hull is from about 1979 (4 ft beam) and I have reinforced it with West systems epoxy and cloth (inside and outside); keel tape on all the wear points and aluminum plate on the transom to support the thrust of a 15 hp Gamefisher 2 stroke outboard.

The boat is a car topper or you could find an inexpensive trailer and tow it. It is light enough to go on a Yakima Rack system. I built a wood casting deck for the bow area. It has a bow mounted MinnKota 35lb thrust trolling motor and a Hummingbird wide screen depth finder with bow mount for the transducer. Included are 6 gallon plastic gas tank, life jacket, typeIV cushion, small anchor, working deep cycle battery, running lights, spare prop kit for the Gamefisher and a flushing attachment.

I don’t need the money, but I’d just like to get rid of it to someone who wants a first boat, striper fishes in the wash or fishes the small lakes in Utah. Because it is fiberglass it is very quiet. I’ve used it quite successfully at Willow Beach to stalk the large stripers; you can stand and cast the large plugs or troll nicely with the trolling motor and upstream with the Gamefisher. It will plane about 25 mph with one person aboard.

The motor has been maintained by Bob Bradley Marine in Las Vegas and I have all the service records; usually starts in one or 2 pulls. Just before I bought the Skeeter I changed the water impeller.

Last year I wanted $750. Now I am asking $550 for it only to members of this forum or the AC Plug forum and I offer an “on the water test” before purchasing. I will only sell it complete. If you are under 21, I might consider a "time payment" plan depending on the circumstances.

Contact me here by replying or send me a private message.

Tom
[signature]
That sounds like a sweet deal for a starter boat for someone. You might have some better luck if you put it on the boating board forum. Just click here to access the forum [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=70;"]Fishing Boats[/url]

If you would like to get rid of it in UT, they also have a forum just for that. [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=90;"]For sale in UT[/url] [cool]
[signature]
Tube,

Thanks for reply. This is just the rig to slide into the water at Gov't Wash, net some shad; catch some stripers. Never a worry about the gelcoat. But it needs to go to someone who is comfortable adding epoxy to it when they wear off the coatings. It is an original Sea Nymph hull design, is stable, modified V design. I am 6'3" @ 220 lbs and I stand in it comfortably. At one point I 'd contemplated lofting it up and making a larger version for myself. But the Skeeter deal was just to good to pass up.
If I don't get some response in couple weeks than I might look abroad. Had it in the local paper last year and just got a lot of flake calls. I know there are some float tubers here who could use an upgrade. [Wink]
[signature]
[size 2][font "comic sans ms"][size 2][size 2][font "comic sans ms"]Welcome back reellittlephish, you still haven't got rid of that boat. Someone out there might need/want it. I know what you mean about the work thing. This must a busy time of year for a lot of us. I hope to get out on the lake more now that we've slowed down at work.

Take care,
David
[/size]
[/font]
[/size]
[signature]
Well, lets see how the next month goes.. Im moving into an apartment with a garage for the next 2 yrs while my wife finishes school so Ill have a space for it in about a month.. If I can convince the wife, Im interested, but it wont be for atleast a month.. If you dont sell it by then, I will get back with you..

Btw, where are you working now? I was at the Wynn for about 8 months.. I just got into the apprenticeship for Local 135, Heat & Frost Insulators.. I was working as a permit @ the Wynn for MIS & FRodgers..
[signature]
Hi Doz

I was working for Northwestern (finish carpenter)and mostly around the Corsa Cucina and the Ferrari Dealership. Think I did 80+ days without a day off! Thankfully that is now over and have some time off to catch up on sleep and a little fishing.

Yeah David, I kinda gave up on selling that old boat last year and so am trying again, but in low key way. Putting it in the Review Journal just got me a lot of flake calls and cost money for nothing. I am not forced to sell it - not necessarily for the money - not that it will give it away...I'd really just like to sell it to someone who wants a first boat and will use it. This is really a good deal. I keep my gear in good condition and I think I paid about $500 for the motor alone back in 1996. It doesn't have a lot of hours on it.

Yesterday, out by Temple Bar the Lowrance X49 crapped out. I know I can get Lowrance to replace it since it less than 2 years old. Thinking of throwing it into the deal and getting a Lowrance LCD 15 MT for the Skeeter - for the WAAS and GPS. So if this works out a new sonar also. Same asking price or plus what I have to pay Lowrance to replace the unit - last time about $60.

If someone on the forum knows of a potential user/buyer and can get them registerd on the forum I will extend the offer to this person.

Caught a catfish on a Kalins 5" brown grub yesterday - a first for me! Who knew?
[signature]
Hey, I talked to Lowrance, ran the diagnostic and for sure the unit is bad. Costs me $60 for repair or replacement and I am adding that to the Sears Boat package. Brings total up $610, you get new Sonar and just the trouble of mounting the transducer to the existing PVC mount. Mailing the faulty one in today. Lowrance is good with service and should have replacement in 10 days or so.
[signature]
Everyone, you must know someone who need a small boat for fishing. Get them to join the forum and they can still by the Sears boat for $610. Original $550 asked plus $60 for repair replacement of the Lowrance X49 sonar. I got the Lowrance LCX-15-Mt with gps and WAAS for the skeeter. the cost of that unit is more than I am asking for a boat and motor. Thanks, Tom
[signature]
The killer deal is no more. Sold the boat/ motor/ 2 sonar units/AGM battery. vest, anchor, lights, trolling motor to a young helicopter mechanic at Nellis. Took it out and we did the lake test, launching at Gov't Wash this morning. Saw school of stripers working off the point to the west of the wash about 7:30 AM.
[signature]