Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubing the bubble up
Hearing some good things about the bubble up from those of you with a boat, has anybody fished it from a tube and if so, how'd it go?
[signature]
CBR posted this a few days ago, it should help answer some of your questions, PM him if you need more info. Good luck.
"Fished Utah Lake today.

Caught 20 channel cats ranging from 2-15 pounds. Biggest one was the first one I caught, I thought I had a new state record until I weighed it. Average Channel Cat caught was 5-7lbs.

Caught 7 walleye 2 under 20 and the rest were over 20.

Caught 5 bullheads.

Things are heating up! Water temp was 62 degrees when I got off the water at 8PM.

The fish are getting active, and aggressive, All channel cats slammed the lure/bait hard, and the walleye just sat on it for a second then gave dead weight.

First time I have ever hit Utah Lake and come home with a sore arm. Today was one of those magical days on the water where I just couldn't keep the fish off my hook.

I should have taken my digicam! "
[signature]
Yes cbr and I fished it you can either tie up or anchor out there. we have toons with motors a tube would be a good kick from the harbor. I would if you can carry your tube to the pipe and kick from there tubedude did that and i think it worked ok for him.You may want to ask him how he did it. Oh and welcome to the board
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Fishing is good around the bubbleup, and yes it is just as good from a tube...maybe better, if you can find a spot not occupied by a bajillion boaters who don't give ya no respect.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If ya wanna fish the bubbleup from a tube, with fin power only, ya gotta plan for some work. It's a long kick from the Lindon harbor, especially if you launch off the ramp and first have to work your way out of the diked area. However, you can sometimes launch from the steep bank on the south side of the harbor, if you can negotiate first the bank, and then the rocks and reeds to get out into the water. Last time we were there, I launched in the marina and came back in on the dike side. If the wind is not blowing, you can get in and out okay at the corner where the dike meets the shore.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Your other option is to drive up the road that goes south from the entrance to Lindon Harbor until you reach a heavy metal gate, at the end of the old cooling ponds for Geneva Steel. Park there and hike your tube and tackle down the gravel road until you come to a trail down through the reeds to the end of the bubbleup pipe. Not a clean and open spot anymore, since the water is rising up into the reeds, but still doable. If you have a lot of gear, it will be a tough portage. I used to do it a lot with a lighter round tube. Nowadays, with my tricked out Super Fat Cat...with five rods, sonar and a grundle of gear...it is more than I care to challenge.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just in case you are not familiar with tubing on Utah Lake, be sure you pay attention to the weather. The bubble up is a long ways from "safe harbor" for a tuber without anything more than fin power. If the wind comes up you could be in for a tough return, or worse.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Can't offer any advice on the bubble-up, but would like to welcome you to the board, great fisherpeople who will share their vast knowledge with you. Good luck and hope to see you out on the water.
[Smile]
[signature]
Welcome to the board! If you watch the post there are quite a few tubers that get together fairly often. They are a fun group. Al
[signature]
Hey thanks for the pointers. Think I'll go out this afternoon and give it shot. The weather looks nice for now. Lets hope it doesn't change for the worse once I'm out there. It's been a while & I think I'm a bit out of shape.
[signature]