Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
You gotta love the waves from the east side to west side. We launched at cicsco beach at one o'clock on Thursday and had to go across the lake to load. When we got to the marina it was still pretty calm so went over to the rockpile. We found one group of fish hanging on one hump in thirty two feet of water. We started on the east or west of this hump and it was forty five to fifty feet deep. We caught three nice macks from this area. They were 9lbs, 11lbs, and 15lbs. We were trolling #13 grey countdown rapalas with downriggers. We would set the downrigger at 27 feet in the deeper water and cross over the hump and with the countdown rapala we were practically hitting them on the head. It was some of best Mack fishing I have done in a long time. We only had about an hour of trolling on the eastside and had no bites. Plenty of bank fisherman when came off the lake at 6:30pm. We counted about 15 on the marina.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks for the report, Crestliner. Sounds Like a fun day of fishing! Ya, that west side is the place to be when the wind starts rippin'. The fishing should only get better from now thru winter. Be glad you went up while the weather was decent. Trailering this weekend in this stormy weather will be slow and crusty if the snow hits as predicted. Logan Canyon summit could get real interesting. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I've said it before and I'll say it again. DON"T PUT YOUR BOATS AWAY! Some of the best fishing of the year is coming upon us! [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[signature]
Have you got any idea when the whitefish spawn might start. I know it usually starts in November sometime.
[signature]
Do you you know if the marina folks were getting anything?? And if so what were they using to get them? Thanks for any input, I am going up this weekend weather permitting.
[signature]
Hey crestliner, thanks for the report. Welcome to the board. I wish I had a crestliner!
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I want to go up this weekend too but the way the wind and hail are blasting my house in Cache Valley, as I type this, I know that Logan Canyon will be snow packed and ugly for trailering. The forecast says that it will keep this up through the weekend. I think I'm going to plan on Sunday and play it by ear. I need to do a few things to my boat tomorrow. With my luck, we'll have a calm day tomorrow and Sunday will be hell on wheels! Let me know which day you're headed up.[/size][/font]
[signature]