Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Union Res 5-4
I fished Union today for the first time.Nice little lake ,not many features..but it has wipers in it and I had the fever. I got there at 7:30 am and was the second boat on the lake and the water temp when I launched was 54 degrees. I started right off the ramp pulling taildancers and chrome rattle traps after running the whole east side of the res I though I would drift the deep areas with shinners...no takers 10am, 11am, 12noon... I talked to a guy in small boat heading in and he only caught 1 trout on a spinner with a worm. By now there were 8 boats on the res and not much action. The only area that I had not tried was the westside out by some farm houses. I saw 2 boats working that area earlier and at this point I was ready for a change. Now I was pulling a small rattle trap and a white grub. I was trolling in a Z pattern and pulling out all the trolling tricks I knew.. pause... gun...left right........ then it happened the white grub started to burn some drag. WIPER! The pay off for hard fishing. In the next hour I landed 8 wipers some just under 15" fat. I took a picture of the first fish and released all the fish. When I left the water temp was 58 and I was sunburned.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9595;] [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9594;]
[signature]
Thats great you got fish out of there, I would take my boat out there but they wont allow it because its to big and the engine, but I have fished the lake by shore before, there are huge cats that get caught on the north side of the lake only thing is you need a boat to fish for them over there.
[signature]