Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any spinner/plug trout anglers out there?
[Smile]Love small stream trout fishing.

What kinds of lures have you had luck with?
[signature]
Hello Spinner,

I have a couple of favorites that always seem to work (although some days better then others).

Wardens Rooster Tails- Try different colors but the Yellow and Rainbow seem to always produce for me.

Kastmaster- Blue and Silver seems to always due the best.

When trout fishing I typically go with the smallest sizes (10 or 12) as they can produce bigger trout also but definetly keep me occupied with the little trout also.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Its the only way to fish for trout. I use spinners all the time in my trout fishing. On rivers, my best bets are Panther martins, silver blade with the yellow body red dots down the side. Also mepps agila black blade with yellow dots. Those are my best brown trout rigs. The rest of the trout seem to do well on red and white stripped mepps. Now for lake fishing, we troll them on the surface, on downriggers, or just cast them. Mepps has a brown trout pattern agila that is killer on cutthroat trout. I also use spinners on smallmouth bass. They are killer, I actually discovered this by accident fishing trout one day and all I was catching was smallies. So, now I use spinners for smallies too. Spinners work for so many different species. Lots of guys catch muskies on them as well.
The best lure I know of for small stream fishing is a small #12 Royal Coachman fly. If you are spin fishing place a small split shot about a foot above the fly. Even with a flyrod put the shot above the fly..actually do it with any tackle. It's usually best to work upstream, but not mandatory. The best lure I ever used was a 3/4 inch Flatfish, metal and black in color. Work downstream, allow the Flatfish to go backwards down eddies and currents but maintaining its' wobble. George of Big Fish
[signature]
[Smile]My favorites are:

Panther Martin (size 9s)

Mepps See Best (size 3s)

Rapala Countdowns (size 7 to 9)

Yo Yuri Crystal Minnow

Rapala Husky Jerk

Rapala Deep Dive Shad Rap

Black Triple Bunny Leech

Marabou Leech Jig

Gray Ghost Streamer

Oversized Wooly Bugger

Little Cleos

Take a look at my photo gallery in my profile...

Thanks for the tips!

Len *spinner* Harris
[signature]
I picked up some killer looking crappie jigs at the sport show in KC. They have a chrome head and a body like a wolly bugger. I had 5 nice fish Sunday up to 5#. I throw it cross current and pause my retrive as soon as it clears the swift water on my side. The fish jump it pretty hard. After one fish though I have to move on because the rest of the fish in the pool get super weary.

I also throw a plastic crappie jig, kastmasters, and small rapalas. Not much luck with any of the spinners though.
[signature]
rebel tad fry its also great for panfish. i prefer a 1/64 ounce black hair jig tipped with a mill worm and a weighted bobber for casting it.[cool]
[signature]