Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got some fish Wednesday ( no pics )
Welp... about time I got something!! Decided to go with some sweetcorn this time. Havn't used it in a year, never thought twice about using it again til now.

I hooked into a pair of 3-5lb carp about 2 hours apart. I was fishing along the margins roughly 10ft off shore. I'm not sure if this fish was the same one I caught before or not. I doubt it, but, ya never know.

The wind started picking up really bad around 4:30 as well. Most of the guys on jetski's came in and the couple pickincking on the next point took off. I got my one rod stuck, so I was trying to unstuck it, when my alarm went off wildly and the line was ripping from my reel. I happened to hook into a 10lb carp on this rod. Felt like a rock on the end of my line and fought rather well. It only made one run and when I got it by shore it gave up. In fact, once all the fish got to shore, they gave up. Is that a west coast thing or something [Wink]

The wind got really nasty after that fish, and it was time to go.

Funny story. I chum with Maize/Sweetcorn and oatmeal. I read where you can wrap your sinker with this, and it clouds up close to your hookbait, and leaves particles ( corn ) nearby your hookbait. Well, one carp I thought I had hooked apparently had the sinker in his mouth instead of the hookbait. I got him 20ft out, he stuck his head out of the water as I pulled him up, and then spit out the sinker! So, I got a rod flinging a 1 oz sinker towards me, missing about 6 inches from my forhead. I heard the BFFFFFFZZZZ as it went past me. I'd probably still be laying there in a daze..

All in all, It was a good day. The wind was a pain as usual, but I'm getting used to that. Hopefully next time with the weather cooler for Wednesday or Thursday, I can get more than 5 hours in without turning well done from the heat..
[signature]
[size 2][font "comic sans ms"]Well it's about time you got into some of them. All the carp I've ever caught have put up a pretty good fight until the end not sure what was happening with them on your trip. BFFFFFFZZZZ, would give a whole new meaning to dazed and Confused. There was a mess of smaller size carp out at 8.0 Mile the other day when I was there. The splashes they were making made me think they were smaller in size with a few larger splashes every now and then.

Take care,
David
[size 1][/size]
[signature]
How were the bugs over there..gnats and mosquito's and such ? LAst two times I went I got eaten alive, and don't want to risk it again.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] The only problem I had was when the wind died down. That's when the flies started to be a real hassle. Other than that I didn't see, hear, or feel many gnats or mosquitoes.

Take care,
David
[signature]