Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackfishing is SUPER !!!!
[Smile]The weather was a little nasty this week, but I got out Thur.with some guys from CT. that had never blackfished before. They had booked a 3/4 day..6 hrs. and couldn't believe the action. We caught Sea Bass, Blues, and Blackfish almost non-stop. At the end of the day they had kept their limit of 10 blackfish per person, as well as the mate and myself, and they released many fish back due to being too small or they had just caught enough. The biggest blackfish was 10.5 lbs.
Fri was a very windy day, and a few of the men were under the weather,so we called it a 1/2 day after catching about 20 fish, and took our time getting back to the dock.
Sat. was similar to Thur as far as they had never fished for any bottom fish before. Once they got the idea, they were pulling in blackfish up to 11 lbs. By 11:30 AM, 4 out of the 6 guys were sleeping so we went home. They said that they were tired of catching so many fish and the water knocked them out. They ended up catching their limit of 10 blackfish per person plus my mate and myself took home some fish for dinner too.
Sun. and Mon. the weather was too bad to go fishing due to the South wind so we cancelled. The trips were family trips and I didn't want to get the little kids and moms sick. Hopefully we will get to fish tomorrow Tues. and Wed.
I will give my report after the weekend.
Capt. John
[signature]