Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olbass
Well, I haven't been doing any fishing lately but I was told that the Kansas Dept. Of Wildlife & Parks did some netting a couple weeks ago at Clark County Lake (south of Dodge City) and I was told that they netted some huge walleyes. I find it kind of hard to believe but they said they brought up one that would easily take over the state record spot.

Are you ready for this????

True or not, they claim they pulled up a 18+ pounder! They did say it would be really hard to catch any of these hawgs though because of the abundance of shad. I can say that the lake is packed with shad. As far as lunker "eyes", there should be some monsters but I don't know how to tell you to catch 'em. I am always fishing for those "football largemouths" and don't mess with the "wally's" much.

Well, I don't knowmuch else here. Just waiting for the weather to get nice again so I can go out and jerk the lips off some of them bad boys!
[signature]
You guys are in for a real treat; them walleyes here in Michigan get in to the upper 20# class when the food is available.

My dad pulled one in that went 29 lbs out of the Detroit River near Belle Isle. It was an amazing site to see them folded up in a 36 inch cooler.

I will say that it is quite possible that you have sum lurkers like that down is the mist of Clark lake with a report like the one you just provided us.

Olbass catch a big one for me while you are out there.

Great report for to plan on some future fishing. Thanks...
[signature]